GO!

New Grain Free Performatrin Ultra formula

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

  
Charlie

Turd Burglar
 
 
Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 10:25am PST 
I received a sample for this food at the pet show this weekend. What do you all think of it.

http://www.performatrinultra.com/grainfree/index.html

"Mea t provides 85% of the protein in this food – perfect for the carnivore in every dog. The other 15% of protein occurs naturally from the vegetables and fruits."

Ingredients:

Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Salmon Meal, Duck Meal, Potato, Peas, Chicken Fat stabilized with Mixed Tocopherols (a natural source of Vitamin E), Vegetable Pomace (Tomato, Carrot, Celery, Beet, Parsley, Lettuce, Watercress, Spinach), Natural Flavor, Cultured Yeast, Whole Fresh Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Whole Cranberries, Whole Blueberries, Sea Salt, Chicory Root Extract, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Alfalfa Juice Concentrate, Dried Kelp, Fresh Spinach, Fresh Whole Blackberries, Dried Yeast, Taurine, Rosemary Extract, Marigold Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Spirulina, Green Tea Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Ascorbyl Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Bifidobacterium Bifidium, Streptococcus Faecium, Zinc Proteinate (source of Chelated Zinc), Iron Proteinate (source of Chelated Iron), Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Proteinate (source of Chelated Manganese), Copper Proteinate (source of Chelated Copper), Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Inositol, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Calcium Iodide, Selenium Yeast (source of Organic Selenium).



It's cheaper than Orijen where I live.
[notify]
Carter

Professional- Fetcher
 
 
Barked: Sun Apr 8, '12 6:56pm PST 
I feed the Performatrin chicken formula to my shih tzu (not the Ultra because he doesn't have grain allergies and I feel like there's no point taking grains out of his diet when he does fine with them). I must admit that I am still learning about dog (and cat... lol) nutrition, so I'm no expert. I find the high quality foods generally out of my price range since I'm on a limited budget, but the Performatrin is cheaper and to my knowledge, seems like a high quality food.

The two cents I wanted to throw in before I started rambling is that I used to feed Carter Innova which is a five star food (but was a little too pricey for me, hence the switch) and I've seen no negative changes. He is still very high energy as usual, no weight gain, and his coat still looks great. Hopefully someone that is more educated on pet nutrition will be able to throw some things in, but I thought I'd give my perspective as someone that feeds their dog Performatrin.
[notify]