GO!

Toxic Dog Treats from China

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Baxter

Leaving a wake- of smiles

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 10:43am PST 
I remember having a not-so-helpful email exchange with Dogswell years ago about their use of Chinese sources.

If it's made in China, we don't buy it for Baxter.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 12:29pm PST 
I have also noticed that some manufacturers (not for dog treats yet) will put "Made in PRC" (People's Republic of China) instead of "Made in China".

We also do not buy dog or cat treats.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jun 24, '12 3:07pm PST 
Please help us.... I lost my 3 yorkies just before mother's day from a gift of these dog treats...there has to be some help somewhere

It's too late for my babies and me, but I reallly can't think of this happening to someone else.

Mari
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 5:13pm PST 
I fed my 90 lb dog a Dr-Chew, the Original Sweet Potato Dog Treat yesterdat unaware of the problems; today he vomited his morning meal and he didn't want to eat his dinner. I live in Toronto and purchased this at McEwans in Shops ind Don Mills; I will return this bag to the store and take my dog to the vet.
I am so sick and tired of hearing of something else coming from China that harms people and pets. Never again.Why do we deal with that country? They can't be trusted.
[notify]
Mitchell- Rapp "Black- Ops"

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 9:56pm PST 
Heck even if it states Made in USA does not mean that the ingredients came from the USA. I have seen the damage done by these treats from / sourced from China as I work for the Vets. It is completely heartbreaking.
I choose to make my own treats, this way I do know where it comes from, that it is not full of preservatives, exactly what the ingredients are, no mystery ingredients, no worries that something got put into the mix that may go undetected until someone becomes sick.
I tell clients to read, read, read the labels, research the company and when you can't be 100% sure the treat is safe don't buy it. Just my humble opinion.
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 8:20pm PST 
After the contaminated wheat gluten episode back in 2007, the debacle at Menu Foods that affected over 60 brands of dog and cat food, our Cindy swore off of anything made in China for us or for her. We really like jerky treats but now she just makes them for us herself. Cindy doesn't like white meat from chicken so she bakes the breast meat in strips until it's really dry...sorta low heat for a very long time. But they are yummy.
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 6:13pm PST 
Marketplace on CBC did a piece about this issue on Sept. 28.

If anyone would like to watch it, here is the link. Please remove any spaces from the URL.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2285192872/
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 3:56am PST 
I don't buy anything for my dogs made in China.
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:13pm PST 
An update about the FDA investigation of jerky treats from China...

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive /2012/11/16/chicken-jerky-treat-casualties.aspx?e_cid=20121116_PetsN L_art_1
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 2:05pm PST 
I gave my girls treats from China, chicken jerky treats from Sam's club and my Bailey got very sick, she almost died. She has kidney damage and it cost us over 1,000.00 to help her. Thank god she came out of it. PLEASE FDA stop these products from coming in to the USA. I wrote the company that make these products and they said there jerky treats are safe, and I know from experience they are not. Both of my dogs have these growths on them also I wish I could find out if they are caused from these product also. Only buy products from the US. They might cost a little more but you will save on vet bills and save your dogs life.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3