GO!

Exer-Hide - is this true?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sun May 22, '11 10:40pm PST 
I don't give rawhides either. I used to let Ginger have them when my friend would give her one; when we visited this friend she would always give Ginger one of the rawhides or bones that her dogs didn't want. I stopped after Ginger almost choked on one, I had to pull it out of her throat.

Bianca usually just gets raw bones.
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 8:15am PST 
I didn't mean to attack you Adam, I just feel like there are so many alarmists out there and I think there's a fine line between being safe and going overboard, you know?

No problem. Where I draw the line for overboad is probably past manylaugh out loud
For good or bad I don't know.

Sometimes my vet tech friend will tell me it doesn't matter much whether a dog's life is extended 2 more years. I disagree but mainly I'm not thinking about extending years just making them feel healthy for the years they have.

But in this case I just wanted to know if it were true! I didn't know Tanuk had epilepsy.(or maybe I forgot if you said it before) I'm on a couple dog epi groups and hate the helplessness some owners feel. I just wish I could give them a cure and answers. I had trouble knowing what triggered Leah's because she would spend most of the day in pre or post-ictal. I'm not sure I'd have thought of a rawhide if I was giving one, idk.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 9:17am PST 
I'm not a fan of rawhides due to digestion problems they've caused in some dogs.

If you want to try antlers and don't know a hunter, buy the split antlers first. That way the dog knows what's inside. Then they get more interested in working on the regular antlers. The splits are great for older dogs, too. My dog absolutely loves them and they last for months before they're down to a tiny nub. Worth every cent.

Huge elk anters are her fave.big grin
[notify]

◊- Grizzly Bear- 1987-2003

Beeber Bear

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 1:49pm PST 
Please be aware of the risk of the antlers causing slab fractures to the large molars. I know it doesn't happen all the time, but it can, and it can be painful and expensive. Just another thing to think about.
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 3:41pm PST 
That was my concern Grizzly, which is why I've yet to try the antlers. We had a damaged pulp scare with Tanuk once and I don't want him to be losing his teeth due to chews.
[notify]
Iggy

Action dog!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 7:01am PST 
My dogs happen to love the exer-hides. I adopted my dad's dog when he died. She is out of her element and always a little bit afraid. For whatever reason, the exer-hides seem to soothe her. She is 13 years old and I hope we have many more years with her, but if the exer-hides make her happy, then I'm happy. We've never had any bad reactions to them.
[notify]
Ikan

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:04pm PST 
I never do rawhides, after having two dogs rip off huge pieces and then i have to reach into their mouth and pull them out because they were stuck and they could not breath. Since then my dogs have never had another one around here. I stick with hard bones and greenies for my dogs.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3