GO!

Milk Bone treats...contacted Del Monte

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Thu Oct 21, '10 5:54am PST 
Cody, I wouldn't mind that either. Quincy gets milkbones when he goes to our hospital to do therapy dog work. The staff loves giving them treats, sad to say the regulars are Milkbones and Scooby Snacks, but he gets maybe 3 total every two weeks. It's just not worth making a fuss about, he eats great the rest of the time, that's his one "junk food".
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Thu Oct 21, '10 5:55am PST 
Bama LOVES them but we don't buy anymore
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 8:44am PST 
I guess Milk bones are made in China now.....
http://www.petworldshop.com/milk-bone/original-crunchy-dog -treats.php
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 9:32am PST 
Well, the original letter that Cindy got was a bunch of crap anyway. The Country of Origin legislation only covers fresh items. It doesn't cover processed foods. Therefore, saying that Milkbone has a country of origin in the USA because it is made in Buffalo, NY is a misleading label. Because, Milkbone can be made by ingredients from China but as it is "put together" in New York, then it is made in New York.

This is the same thing for your car. It can say Made in the USA on it but it uses Chinese components.

And I would know this because I programmed an entire grocery store to use County of Origin labeling. And having worked at the grocery, I know that most of your vitamin C additives are made in China. And most of the dried fruit you see on your Made in the USA cereal are Made in China.

So, what Del Monte basically did is get y'all buying into this marketing scheme.

But what is it about this Made in China deal? It's really nothing more than a bandwagon marketing schema based on the fears arising from poor quality of Chinese ingredients. A quality company - Apple, maker of the iPhone, for example - requires high quality components/ingredients for their high quality product. It doesn't matter where the component/ingredient comes from - a company who pride themselves on the quality of their products will make sure their ingredients/components are of high quality as well. Therefore, Apple, maker of the iPhone, has an amazing super quality range of products... even the ones with components made in China.

So, what am I trying to say? Stick with a company with the high quality that you trust. Don't worry about where they buy their ingredients.
[notify]
Seth

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:03pm PST 
All these companies try to hide where it is made, There needs to be better laws so we know for sure where it was made and where the ingredients came from.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 4:11am PST 
here is my response from Del Monte
Thanks for your e-mail and your interest in Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits.

All Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits and Dog Treats are made at our facilities here in the U.S. The majority of ingredients are sourced from the U.S. or on occasion from Canada. Some minor ingredients, such as vitamins or preservatives, may be sourced from other countries due to limited availability in the U. S. or availability to U.S. suppliers.

Del Monte Foods’ top priority is the quality and safety of our products and our goal is to produce the finest pet food and snacks available on the market today. Our strict food safety and quality standards apply to all of our products and ingredients, regardless of country of origin.

If you have any other questions, we hope you'll give us a call Monday - Friday at 888-645-5266.

Jacalyn, Del Monte Foods Consumer Affairs
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 3:48pm PST 
Milton won't eat them. I take him into the bank often and they now know he won't eat them. I don't mind people giving my dog junk treats every once and a while. He won't eat most of them anyway. He likes carrots and gets those as crunchy treats. He has freeze dried liver treats and Zukes, cause I know he will eat them.

Some of the milk bone products are decent. I would not buy them if they are made in China. We don't eat smart phones. Chinese pet products have been historically sketchy, so no thanks.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 8:34pm PST 
I mostly make treats for Mika & Kai but for anyone interested we found a great place through e-bay.

Ford Locker's
Family owned for 65 years
Ford Lockers@msn.com
Ph: (801)373-0172
Provo,Utah
All of the products they carry are made in the U.S. from U.S. sourced ingredients,many of them human food grade. Our pups love the ones we have tried and we have never had any issues or recalls. I have no association with the company at all,except as a satisfied customer and knowing how difficult it is to find good products,especially treats,made in the U.S. from U.S. sources thought I would pass the info along so those interested could check it out. Mika and Kai love the jerky type treats,beef,chicken,turkey,lamb and duck have all been tried and enjoyed so far,we plan to continue trying other products and giving them to friends as gifts for their pups as well. Most of the packages are more than one pound but we tested them and they freeze well in just a ziplock freezer bag.wave
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2