GO!

Mix-ins

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
In Loving- Memory of- BOOMER

The Cat Did- It...

Barked: Thu Apr 8, '10 5:30pm PST 
For a friend who has a picky elderly dog. She has mixed in just about everything she can think of into her dog food to get him to eat. So I'd like to know, What special stuff do YOU mix in?
[notify]
Sierra

Sun Worshipper

Barked: Thu Apr 8, '10 5:45pm PST 
Canned Tuna, Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, and Raw eggs about twice a week.

Yum. big grin
[notify]
Quentin- Flagg

King Q - king of clown- town

Barked: Thu Apr 8, '10 5:57pm PST 
Cottage cheese or sour cream. Just a spoon full and mix it in good. Yummy!!
[notify]

~Sophie~

I also answer to- 'Pretty Girl'

Barked: Thu Apr 8, '10 6:17pm PST 
Fat free plain yogurt. Or chicken baby food. Those two things are Sophie's favorites. big grin

Edited by author Thu Apr 8, '10 6:17pm PST

[notify]
Zoey

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Barked: Thu Apr 8, '10 6:41pm PST 
We mix in a bit of everything at times, our favorites though are the Wellness 95% Meat canned foods, we go APE for those! Mommy will give us yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, tuna, meat, veggies, just a little variety here and there.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Fri Apr 9, '10 2:22pm PST 
My dog is picky. I may of made him behave picky by trying to convice him to eat more than he would. When I adopted him from animal control he was way to thin. I would mix in canned food to encourage him to eat more.

Now he won't eat his food with out canned food. shrug

He's a picky dog. Sometimes I put kibble, a little water in an empty can of dog food and then add a little canned to it, then I shake the can. I let it sit in the can overnight with a pet food saver lid on it. The next day the kibble is softer and coated with the canned food. He eats that happily and normally will eat it all.
[notify]
Chocolate

Benjamin Button- of dogs

Barked: Fri Apr 9, '10 2:56pm PST 
Raw eggs, plain yogurt, canned sardines in water. And i feed raw meat seperately(6-8 hours apart from kibble meals since they digest differently)
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Fri Apr 9, '10 3:33pm PST 
Oh, the fabulous world of mix-ins big grin My guys always get a little canned and plain yogurt, as well as some wild salmon oil, mixed in. They also get raw eggs, the occassional left over, bananas, sardines, etc... A lot of the extra stuff is given in kong form.
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Fri Apr 9, '10 8:24pm PST 
Does she know why the dog hasn't an appetite? Could be a chronic condition that snuck up on her. Sassy's kidney disease was only discovered due to a routine blood test before a minor surgery. I thought her moping around was just age.
http://www.dogaware.com/articles/wdjinappetence.html
[notify]
spot

Boomer Did It...

Barked: Sat Apr 10, '10 4:43am PST 
Yes,
She's done all the bloodwork ect. It's an elderly dog who's always been a finicky eater but she's run out of all the usual things to try. She's done all sorts of testing on him, seems to be just a finicky eater. Just wanted to give her a few more options to try beside the regular... yogurt, peanut butter, chicken broth (low sodium) etc. Thanks!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2