GO!

Diamond Naturals, Taste of the Wild, Or Blue Buffalo?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 6:51pm PST 
Thursday ill be picking up Kashmir some new food. I planned for her to be on the diamond naturals, but if i could get TOTW or BB for about the same price which one should i choose? What would you choose for your dog? She is currently on Iams and her hair is starting to thin out and she is shedding alot. I wanted to start out on a fish formula to get her coat back to normal. Which would you choose? wave
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 7:24pm PST 
Being partial to less grainy/grainless foods, especially with skin/coat issues, I would definitely recommend the TOTW or the Blue Buffalo Wilderness. Whichever is more in your price range. I think the TOTW is cheaper than BBW.

Edited by author Tue Jan 5, '10 7:25pm PST

[notify]
Bowzer

danger-drool- zone!

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 7:38pm PST 
I would have to agree, TOTW is probably the best of the three. Adding salmon oil like Grizzly's is a big help to the coat as well.
[notify]

Hoover SDIT

you call this- work?!

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 7:54pm PST 
I doubt you will find them for close to the same price. Our local tractor supply carries all three. Diamond is almost half the price of Blue Buffalo, and is at least 1/3 less than TOTW.

That said, I think TOTW is the better option, just because I like grain free. It is still made by Diamond, which I don't trust or have as much faith in as Blue, but I like the fact that it is grain free and very inexpensive.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 8:02pm PST 
Thanks i will look at the prices and see which is best for Kash and what i can afford.
[notify]
Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 8:16pm PST 
If its close to the same price then I say TOTW or Blue.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 9:26pm PST 
Definately Taste of the Wild! Diamond Naturals does not contain enough meat and has some bad filler in it. Blue Buffalo is a good food, but Taste of the Wild is better.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 9:34pm PST 
I agree that Blue or T.O.T.W, would be the best choice but keep in mind that both the Diamond NATURALS & T.O.T.W. are made & owned by Diamond & Blue is manufactured by Diamond.wave
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 9:39pm PST 
I didn't know that they were all manufactured by the same company, but Taste of the Wild is definately the best. I would go with TOTW High Prairie or TOTW Wetlands. TOTW Pacific Stream has fish and I can't find anything online about it being an exthoxyquin-free food. To me, High Prairie looks the best because it contains bison, venison, lamb, and chicken! Dogs need red meat in their diet and the other formulas don't have any red meat in them. I know for a fact that my dogs love Bison. The first four ingedients are named meat products, making it a very meaty food! Dogs need meat. The fifth ingedient is egg, which is fine, but it isn't whole egg, just egg product.
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 11:40pm PST 
My dogs do best on pacific stream.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2