GO!

New food at Costco- Nature's Domain- made by Diamond looks like TOTW Pacific

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 6:04pm PST 
Hey- just returned from Costco and saw they are carrying a food called Nature's Domain Grain-Free Salmon Meal and Sweet Potato dog food. The ingredients look similar to TOTW Pacific.

$27.99 for 35 pounds, 24% protein, 14% fat.
http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/

Nature's Domain:

Ingredients
Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, potato protein, potato fiber, natural flavor, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

TOTW Pacific Stream:

Ingredients
Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Calories: 3,600 kcal/kg (360 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Thought many of you would like the info big grin
Forgot to add- it is an ALS (all life stages) food- did not catch the calcium, etc. levels- I will email them and inquire. BTW this food is only sold in 35 pounds bags and only at Costco. Toodles!

Edited by author Wed Dec 30, '09 6:11pm PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 6:10pm PST 
Huh. Haven't seen it at our Costco, but it'd be nice if they did get it in!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 6:13pm PST 
Wow. That is a surprise. It looks like a good food. That is made by Diamond?
[notify]

Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Wed Dec 30, '09 6:19pm PST 
Yep made by Diamond- all the info is on the website:
http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/
I recognized Diamond's address on the bag of food and looked the food info up when I got home, sure enough it is a Diamond food. Looks like they have a deal with Costco, since Costco is the only retailer that sells it.

I was surprised to see it amongst the chicken breast treats from China. The price is great. This seems like a great alternative for people who feed Kirkland or are looking for a more affordable food or anyone with a dog who has allergies.

Edited by author Wed Dec 30, '09 6:20pm PST

[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 12:40am PST 
WOW that is a great price either way!
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 8:49am PST 
a bit too low in protein, but I think its great that they have affordable options for people who want to feed something else besides purina.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 9:25am PST 
See Uno, I was thinking it might actually be a bit too high in protein for Tanuk! laugh out loud The high protein really seems to flare up his acid reflux.
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 9:30am PST 
I'll have to go see if it's at our costco..my dad has his dog on kirklands food but she doesn't like to eat it so he's been looking for something affordable to feed. This is a great find for those on a budget!! way to go
[notify]
Delta Force- CGC RN NA- RL1

Raw Fed and- Happy

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 10:47am PST 
Lol Tanuk, it's high protein for dalmatians too. Lol They should have about 20-22% protein.

But I had heard about that. It looks like a reasonable food, ESPECIALLY FOR THAT PRICE! Lol
[notify]
Zoie

45 Mile Per Hour- Couch Potato

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 11:06am PST 
Very intersting information. Thanks for the heads up. The protein amounts could be higher then 24% as the packaging states that is the minimum protein content.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4