GO!

How much should a St. Bernard puppy eat??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Cooper

My Mama loves- me.

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 7:15pm PST 
My brother is dog sitting a St Bernard that is around 1 1/2 old. Her owner said to feed her just 2 cups a day. For a St Bernard does that sound right?? I'm worried that she isn't getting enough food. confused
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 7:25pm PST 
I suppose it depends on the food being fed and the activity level.. thinking
[notify]
Cooper

My Mama loves- me.

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 8:02pm PST 
I'll have to check with him on her activity level, but I know he doesn't know what kind of food it is because she brought it in a 5 gallon bucket. silenced
[notify]

Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 8:19pm PST 
If the dog is thin feed more...If there is more than a thin layer of fat across the ribs feed less is a good rule of thumb.way to goshrug
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Fri Oct 16, '09 8:43pm PST 
Totally depends on activity level and body condition now.

Zeus currently weighs 135lbs. and has an activity level close to non-existant. He's been eating 3 cups of Orijen/day (with multiple Evo cookies) and gained abot 10-15 pounds from his usual 120ish mark. We're having to cut back to 2.5 cups/day (and cut back on cookies) to even things out.
[notify]