GO!

Food choices... Royal Canin, Nutro Ultra, Blue Buffalo???

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Lacey- Princess- Akamine

Got Meat?!

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 2:18am PST 
Lacey also recently started Blue Buffalo.We are starting her off with only 1/4 cup a week on the Blue Buffalo Small Breed Chicken & Brown Rice considering it does have some grains.The rest of the time she gets her other dry food Halo's,Earthborn,TOTW High Prairie .The good thing about is she's eating all of it including the Life Source Bits.One of the things I was concerned that she wouldn't eat!Her stools are excellent on it which I also wondered about since the ingredients were so similar to the Wellness Small Breed Super5Mix & her reaction to majority of Wellness dry food was soft bowels..Her energy level is amazing!It's as if she's getting raw.She's also fed some freeze dried raw.
[notify]
Jenna

We Are The- Champions!

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 4:38am PST 
If PetsMart is your only option, Blue is great. PetsMart also carries (in some stores anyway) Avoderm (not my favorite but pretty good), Castor and Pollux (I really like their ultramix line), By Nature (not real familiar with them). Those are probably my faves from PetSmart.

If you can find it, I've been very happy with Wellness Core. However, if you're just a baby pup, it may not be the best for ya.
[notify]
Mr. Biggs

I love to goose- mommy with my- wet nose

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 7:14am PST 
Blue Buffalo is a decent food. I feed my dog a frozen cooked food that gets shipped to my door. It is not raw. Check out www.barkavebistro.com
[notify]

Crystal

who are you- calling a prissy- pants?

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 7:24am PST 
This thread is from September of '09.....
[notify]
Jenna

We Are The- Champions!

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 7:41am PST 
Wow, it is? See how helpful we Dogster's try to be? dancing
[notify]
Stormy

What do you mean- I\'m not a lap- dog?

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 10:28am PST 
BOL! Wow, I didn't even notice. It was on the first page when I found it. Oh, well....laugh out loud
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 5:38pm PST 
My dogs would not eat the life sources in the blue buffalo. I ened up tossing out alot of food they would not eat. I thought that was a waist of money. I use Ultra myself and my dog like it. About the only one they didnt like was the diet one i bough by accident once. I only tryed royal canin once and it gave them gas
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 5:45pm PST 
All my dogs and my cats are on Blue Buffalo. They all love it, I rotate in between all the different proteins. But I have heard that some dogs don't like the life bits. It's a shame because it is such a good food.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:19pm PST 
Blue Buffalo is a highly recommended dog food by most vets, but Royal Canin is built from the ground up for each type of animal basing their ingredients off of nutritional needs for the pets opposed to what sounds good to the owner. Think about what animals eat in the wild when they take prey; they don't de-bone the chicken and eat only the tenderloins and short ribs. In fact the alpha dog, or top lion of a pride always eats what we would consider byproducts like the stomach, and other entrails because they are the most nutritious. The lower ranking animals are left with the muscle meat. So please do not be afraid of animal byproduct meal, it's whats best for the animals. Royal Canin also has prescription diets for many diseases and even formulas for spayed or neutered pets. This will ease in the transition if you pet needs to switch to a prescription diet if they are eating the same brand. Remember a diet is one of the most important aspect of a pets life and should not be changed without first discussing the change with your veterinarian. You should buy whatever he/she recommends and not what the TV makes you believe is best.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:41pm PST 
Wow guest, I wasn't aware that dogs "in the wild" ate diets upwards into 50% carbohydrates, and grazed the fields for wild corn and wheat gluten meals!

How wrong we've all been about canine nutrition! How foolish!
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5