GO!

Grain Free low Calorie dog food??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dominick

Is there any- food......

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:43am PST 
Hello there,

does anyone know of a Low Calorie dog food ( Weight controll diet) that is Grain free? Oh and that you can get in Canada?
Thanks blue dog
[notify]
Miss Priss

little one

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 10:41am PST 
Hi - Well, you can go with SoJo's mix - the green bag is grain free and you will add lower fat meats.
YOU can be a chef...
they do see sojo in Canada and many other countries.
Here is the link...
free shipping only in the usa, sorry

http://www.sojos.com/index.aspx?affiliate=petnurse
REMEMBE R the green bag is the only grain-free one...
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 10:54am PST 
You are going to be hard pressed to find one. Most weight control formulas are made that way by adding more fillers and stuff that the dog doesnt' really digest or get much value from.
I would just get a good quality grainfree food and feed a lesser amount of it.
[notify]

Misty- (1997-2009)

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 11:42am PST 
I agree with Bam Bam.
[notify]
Nubi CGC, SD

Hi, my name is- [Squirrel!] ...- uh. Nubi.

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 1:54pm PST 
I think Natural Balance potato and duck is low in calories.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 1:59pm PST 
Yup, the NB formulas are as low in calories as you're going to get if you want to keep it grain free.
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 2:22pm PST 
Can you give a normal good quality kibble and add pumpkin to it? Either canned or raw chunks of it? I was told it was a great filler, and as far as I know, not considered a grain!laugh out loud
Luke

If I can smell- it.. I can find- it.

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 9:25pm PST 
I'm not sure how low is low, but Innova Evo has a reduced fat formula. I think it was something like 440 calories a cup? I'm sure that's still high but just throwing it out there.

But I also agree with Bam Bam, I would just feed a little less
[notify]
Andrew

Did someone say- Treat???

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 1:38am PST 
Hi,
I have basset hounds and they tend to become really inactive as they age so I have researched calorie content a bit. I think the Taste of the Wild is the lowest calorie grain free....

Hope this helps!
Robin
[notify]
Buddha

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 10:08am PST 
Wellness reduced fat core, is the lowest calorie content of any the grain free kibbles. However as someone else said before you just feed less of the regular grain free kibble. However the reduced fat core is there if you can't get past the less kibble issue.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2