GO!

can dogs eat pomegranate seeds?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Tucker- Archibald- Lee

Love me PLEASE

Barked: Sat Apr 18, '09 8:10pm PST 
I love pomegranate arils. I suck the meat off the seed and spit out the actual seed. Now I believe you can eat the seeds as well I just dont like their texture but I was wondering if the dogs can eat them? They still have quite a bit of the meat and juice on them.
[notify]
Damien

Ban bad people- not the breed!!

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 10:26am PST 
I'm not sure so I'm gonna bump this up so maybe some one that does can see it. Good Luck
[notify]
Tucker- Archibald- Lee

Love me PLEASE

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '09 7:27pm PST 
Thanks so much!!
[notify]

Damien

Ban bad people- not the breed!!

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 7:07am PST 
Bump! Any one know anything about this? I'm not sure most seeds will pass whole but if they chew them I don't know if they have a toxin or not. I haven't heard of any like with apple seeds they are a no no. I just would'nt until you know for sure
[notify]
Lucky *angel*

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 3:41pm PST 
From what I've heard they are fine, but not digested very well.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 6:53pm PST 
Sedona happily eats them without a problem. I've never read that they are bad. The hard middle part doesn't digest very well (like all seeds, that's how they're designed).
[notify]
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Mon Apr 20, '09 8:17pm PST 
That's good to know. Next time Pinkberry has pomegranate as a topping, Kuma and I will be all over it. (Not sure that Kuma will eat it, though) blue dog
[notify]