GO!

Corn Oil?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 6:49pm PST 
Hi pups...I think it is rather self-explanatory why this thread had to close.

Please consult the community guidelines. You'll see there that telling tall tales and untruths are NOT acceptable practices here on Dogster.

Also, please keep in mind that it's all-to-easy to be whomever one chooses on the internet. Unfortunately, impersonation and identity theft are all-too-common issues in our society. Even if you think you're not hurting anyone, misrepresentation is never right. Treat Dogster discussions as you would discussions in real life. Remember that behind every furry face is a real person, and you never know when your tall tale will be interpreted as utter truth, and what kind of effect that will have on you. Never underestimate the damage that one little misrepresentation can cause.

Woofs and wags,
Rondo
Chim Chim

I luff to luff.

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 6:57pm PST 
Many many many dogs have an allergy to corn. And it isn't exactly "digestible."

There's better ways to put weight on your pup. Type in 'satin balls' in the search bar up above. That's a good healthy way to make your pup gain weight. Also, make sure you have her vet check her out just to rule out any medicinal reasons she'd be skinny.
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 7:29pm PST 
Corn is not very digestible to dogs and many dogs suffer from corn allergies.

Your better off feeding a high quality kibble that doesn't have any corn in it. Innova, Orijen, Fromm, Blue Buffalo, Natural Balance are all good high quality kibbles.
[notify]

Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 8:40pm PST 
If you can feed a better kibble do so. If you can afford some wet food, that would be great too. Satin balls are awesome too. A little people food is a sure way to put on food too. Some meat scraps or rice left ovver from dinner would be ok. No cooked bones though.

You could try giving her an extra meal of kibble, or with some canned mixed in. I bet she would love the satin balls. It is about calories, and Corn Oil is a bad choice. Dogs can;t digest corn and many believe it can cause adverse health affects over time. And, really, if you want to add an oil use salmon oil or at the very worst, Canola oil.

So, no, Corn Oil will probably just cause more problems, especially if you are allergic.
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 10:49pm PST 
Agree, no vegetable oil except for virgin coconut oil. That one is fine. Fish body oil like sardine or salmon is THE supplement to add to kibble. Dogs need more of the Omega 3 in fish oil than can be put into kibble.

I would try a fresh food addition. Try egg. It is powerful stuff so only add part of an egg a couple times a week until the pooch is used to it. Maybe scramble eggs for your breakfast and mix a spoonful in with the morning kibble.

Try finding a better kibble first and always add fish body oil as a supplement. If she needs to gain weight after a month on the new food then consider adding egg or other fresh food. Fresh food is cheaper than canned dog food. A pound of ground beef is $2, a can of high quality beef dog food is the same price and has less beef in it.
[notify]
Hazel

Yep.

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 4:45am PST 
I'm a dog that wont eat high priced kibble.
Even when I was a puppy I wouldn't eat it. It dosn't go well with my tummy.

Also, I heard that Corn Oil was good from a vet, I didn't know if it was true to. So That's why I asked.
[notify]
Hazel

Yep.

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 4:48am PST 
Also. If we can find all the ingredients in are store here, I will try the Satin Balls.
I just hope they won't make her sick.
We feed her quite of bit of dog food, she gets more then four cups.
She just won't gain that much weight.
[notify]
Firefly

Lighting up my- mom's heart....

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 12:16pm PST 
I don't mess with corn oil. Not only is my dog allergic to corn, but I just don't want any of my pets eating it. One time I bought ear cleasener for Fly, and it (my not knowning)had corn oil in it and Firefly's ears swelled and she got a fever...shrug

But satin balls are a good weight-gain tool.way to go
[notify]
Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 12:51pm PST 
If you are eating a low quality food, you do have to feed A LOT more. However, have you had the pup checked for worms and other diseases? Diabetes can present as weight loss, as can many different worms.

Try some raw ground beef or satin balls. yum!
[notify]
Hazel

Yep.

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 2:24pm PST 
Ok.
Also. We do feed her alot of dog food. I mean alot. xD
We run out of dog food so fast from her.
Sometimes we give her to much and she can't eat all of it.
[notify]
(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16