GO!

Can I freeze canned dog food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Cha Cha- Bonita

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 3:22pm PST 
After 5 or 6 cans of Natural Balance Fish & Sweet Potato, Cha Cha has decided she doesn't like it anymore. Just turns her nose up and walks away. I even opened a new can this morning in case there was something wrong with the open can. I hate to waste a whole can of food (she is only a 6lb dog, so the can last a week). Can I freeze it?
[notify]
Hallie

Shelter Beagles- need homes

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 3:57pm PST 
Most of the time I just put mine in a ziploc and put it in the fridge, never frozen it before. I froze a little in a kong and it was okay!
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 3:59pm PST 
I have frozen canned, and it was just a little dry when I used it again, but it was fine. Of course, take it out of the can!laugh out loud

Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 7:51pm PST 
I've been taking the food out of the canned, placing them in little Glad containers, and freezing part of the big can. I usually heat up a spoonful for 15 minutes in the microwave before I add kibbles, cottage cheese and salmon oil.
[notify]
♠- Mickey- ♠

One by one The- squirrels steal- my sanity

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 8:04pm PST 
Kuma, are you sure you heat it in the microwave for 15 MINUTES?? or seconds? laugh out loud
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 8:09pm PST 
Oh, my... 15 seconds!!! big laugh There is too much going on here... sorry....
[notify]