GO!

Highest calorie per cup food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 5:24pm PST 
Hey,
Does anyone know what dog food has the highest number of calories per cup? Ginger is not eating well and I am trying to find out how to get her the most amount of calories with the littlest volume possible... Yesterday I ground up her kibble in the food processor and mixed it with chicken broth into a paste and hand/syringe fed her but I am wondering if there is a higher calorie food to use than Instinct.
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 6:00pm PST 
Evo Large Bites has 537 per cup.
All the Nature's Logic formulas have 551 per cup.

I think those are the highest of any other kibbles.

I hope you get to feeling better soon Ginger.hug

Edited by author Tue Oct 28, '08 6:01pm PST

[notify]
Nikki

you are what you- eat :)

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 6:02pm PST 
I think for:

Grain-Free: Canine Cavier Venison & Split Pea (586 kcals/cup)

Grain-Inclusive: Innova Adult (557 kcals/cup)
[notify]

Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 6:07pm PST 
Oooo, yeah. I forgot all about Canine Caviar!

Their Chicken and Pearl Millet is 599 per cup.

Innova Adult is now 504 per cup.confused Guess they changed the formula.

Edited by author Tue Oct 28, '08 6:09pm PST

[notify]
Harley - RIP

Burger Queen

Barked: Tue Oct 28, '08 6:19pm PST 
Orijen Puppy has 523 and it's ALS. Also, I don't know how you feel about them, but TWO was always VERY high calorie. Wild & Natural was almost 600 I think. Hope Ginger feels better soon. hug
[notify]