GO!

Taste of the Wild?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Luna, CGC

CATS ARE- *FRIENDS* - NOT FOOD!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 7:58am PST 
Just wondering if anyone had anything to share about their experience with Taste of the Wild dog food?

We currently feed our 1.5 year old Weimaraner Wellness CORE, but at $55/bag (which we buy about once a month) it is getting a little out of hand cost-wise. I found that Taste of the Wild is bodes a great ingredient list as well, and I can get it from the same store I've been getting the CORE from, but it's $15 LESS per bag! I am considering switching her, but I'm a little apprehensive - the CORE is the best of about 6 different "Good" dog foods we've tried in her life time, and I'm an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of girl! But unfortunately we are finding ourselves needing to cut corners everywhere we can. I just do not want to sacrifice Luna's well being, ya know?!
[notify]
Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:30am PST 
I am interested to the responses to this thread also. I fed TOTW for about a month but i then switched to Solid Gold Hund n Flocken. now We are on SG BATM but it is getting a little expensive w/ my two plus foster. i was thinking of putting the foster on TOTWred face and giving the others BATM
[notify]
♥- Smokey- ♥

I Want A Butt- Rub!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:49am PST 
We just recently switched from Canidae to TOTW and ... We love it! Smokey eats everything in his bowl nearly every time. Energy level seems higher and poops are much smaller than they were with the Canidae. Buddy's coat seems shinier and his slight dandruff appears to be clearing up. Smokey's coat seems softer. We do however still want to try some other premium kibbles and maybe do a rotation of kibbles. TOTW would definately be included in the rotation.cheerwave
[notify]

Liam

Rub my belly!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 9:01am PST 
I switched to TOTW from EVO a few months ago. My dogs are doing really well on it!
[notify]
Cooper

Mommys pretty- little boy

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 10:31am PST 
Cooper loves TOTW, he does really well on it too.

To Lola, I actually think cooper does better on TOTW than on SG BATM. On BATM I noticed cooper was more thirsty all the time, he also got stains on his teeth. This was before I started doing a rotation, Cooper was on it for about 2 months. In a rotation he does fine on it though.
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 10:39am PST 
I've never tried taste of the wild, but I thought I'd mention. That if your store carries Instinct, you could go with that also, it has more calories per cup in it that I think any of the other grain frees I've looked at including wellness I believe....it's also cheaper...at least here it is.
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 11:03am PST 
My pup loved it as well and he did well with it. It is quite pricey and difficult to find. Here in Texas, I have to order online or drive 250 miles to get it.Still, we may go back to it. I switched him to proplan to save money and hes not doing well at all. He has huge eye boogers, his white teeth are turning brown and has loose stools.red face It is $73.00 for 33 lb bag.

Edited by author Mon Oct 13, '08 11:05am PST

[notify]
Luna, CGC

CATS ARE- *FRIENDS* - NOT FOOD!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 11:10am PST 
I got a reply from TOTW regarding my request for coupons or samples, they're sending me samples for both my dog AND my kitties, yay!

However - the response came from Diamond Pet Foods! Is there any reason I should be alarmed about this information? I searched all over and didn't see TOTW involved in any of their recalls, and even Canidae is outsourcing some of their production to them these days... Gosh, I wish there was a perfect answer!

I guess I'll see what happens when the samples come and go from there!
[notify]
Cooper

Mommys pretty- little boy

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 11:47am PST 
Luna, TOTW is made by diamond, but I do think it's a good brand and shouldn't be alarmed. As far as I know they haven't had any food recalls. I really haven't had any problems with TOTW.
[notify]
Bailey

Proudly- defending the- homefront

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 11:54am PST 
My girls did well on Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream for a little while. The Wetlands killed Baby's coat, she got horrible dandruff on it, but the Pacific Stream fixed that.

It's a good food, and the cat still gets it in rotation with Orijen, but I switched the dogs to Orijen full time for money's sake.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4