GO!

So You Are Confused By Dog Food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 7 of 110: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]  
Kuma

Desperately cute- & stinky!

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 7:20am PST 
hamster dance Bump hamster dance
[notify]
♥Bind- i♥

Finally I have a- Forever Home!

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 7:59am PST 
bumpsnoopy
[notify]
♥Mila- ♥

Pretty girl

Barked: Wed May 7, '08 8:21am PST 
bumpity!!!wave
[notify]

Kuma

Barked: Wed May 7, '08 11:41am PST 
happy dance BUMP! happy dance
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 12:07am PST 
Tooting my own horn. Toot toot toot.hamster dance
[notify]
Belle

Master Tennis- Ball hound

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 10:21am PST 
thank you for the guide. we are now eating Taste of the Wild High Prairie and we love it. We were eating Nutro Ultra Large Breed Puppy and we were having diarrea which is really stinkysilenced I did save this to my computer and will share with my husband tonight. IT is great to know that other dogs are having reactions to bad foods also. I have shared with all of my dog friends what we are eating and several are switching from those grocery store brands. cheer
[notify]
Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 2:48pm PST 
that is great news Belle! Congrats!

and bump bump bump b/c this food guide rocks~!cheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]
Sedona

The Wise Cracker

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 7:17pm PST 
Now you can read this at Heartypet! http://www.heartypet.com/blog/?p=63
[notify]
Kuma

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 8:42pm PST 
Wow, Sedona & Gunner. hail Good job!!!
[notify]
Tillie

Whoopie- ti-yi-yo,git- along little- doggy!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 9:49pm PST 
Sedona, I just want to say THANK YOU!!!!

Your post is exactly what I needed.

I started out feeding my pups Safeway generic dogfood, $8.99 for 50 pounds.

Then I went to Pedigree small bites...the only thing my black labby would eat. She would starve herself to skin and bones if I tried anything else, even the really good stuff. Believe me, I tried. She'd push any other food in the dirt and stomp on it. I'm not kidding.

Gelsey lived to the ripe old age of 13. Tillie came into the picture. Then I found Dogster. I always stayed away from the dog food threads because everyone seemed to have their own (very strong) opinions about what to feed, and I didn't want the arguement, and didn't have the $50 per bag to spend. The so called good foods seemed great until a recall happened and dogs started dying. But I lurked in the forums, and convinced myself to find something better. I moved up the "food chain" to Nutro Natural Choice.

Now I hear that there is a potential recall there, at the very least some health problems, with the Nutro food, and even though my pups are thriving now, I am looking to make another change.

I so appreciate this thread...I can't tell you how much! I am printing out your first post as a reference. I will make the switch to Canidae and see how my pups do on it. They are exactly the same price as the Nutro Natural Choice I have purchased most recently...I went with Nutro because the employee at the shop recommended it over the Canidae. He has since tried to tell me that Betta fish NEVER need their water changed. Having raised bettas and even had a few spawns, I knew better. Knowing he doesn't know what he's talking about with something as simple as bettas, (what fish doesn't need to live in clean water????), can I trust anything they've told me about the quality of dog food? Is their markup on Nutro much greater than Canidae, is this why they steered me in that direction?? My image of the store employees dashed, I thought I'd search for more information on dog food, and I am SO INCREDIBLY LUCKY to have found your very informative thread.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!! blue dogblue dog
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 110: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  [Last 10 entry]