GO!

IAMs controversy

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zoe Mae

http://www.freew- ebs.com/denverpa- ssion30

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '07 11:19am PST 
Does anyone have any truth to the stories that IAMs has used harsh treatment of animals in their testing practices? I have heard some things but just want to know if there are any articles published with the truth. We currently feed IAMs but I do not want to support this behavior if it is true. Thanks. dog
[notify]
☆Gnarly Marley☆

Is that for me?- Of course it- is!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '07 11:30am PST 
Hi Zoe Mae,
We have never used Iams because of their animal testing practices. When you do research on the internet it's hard to know what's the truth and what's not. But my mommy has seen some pretty sick videos of animal testing done at their labs. A PETA volunteer was actually hired by IAMS and took videos, then posted them on the internet. Very sad. But PETA has it's downfalls too. We don't agree with everything they do either.
We avoid all "mainstream" dog food companies!
[notify]
Willis

No, I'm pretty- sure the cat did- it.

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '07 11:37am PST 
Zoe Mae-

I don't know much about IAMS' practices in terms of animal welfare and testing, but I feel obligated to point out that healthier formulas are available in the same price range wink

Formulas that don't contain animal byproducts or fillers can be had for around the same price, and you generally won't need to feed as much of them, so it's probably worth looking into a switch anyway. That's just my opinion, though- I too avoid "mainstream" brands.
[notify]

Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '07 11:40am PST 
Please pick up the book Food Pets Die For by Ann N. Martin. There is extensive research done on Iams/Purina/Hills and their foul practices on animals. A whole chapter devoted to them.
[notify]
☆Gnarly Marley☆

Is that for me?- Of course it- is!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '07 10:01am PST 
Hey Gunner, thanks for mentioning that book! Mom's gonna check it out!
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '07 1:16pm PST 
I believe nothing that comes from the mouths of the lying animal killers that call themselves PETA, but there are better foods than IAMS available for the about the same price.
[notify]
Gunner

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '07 11:00am PST 
bump
[notify]
Firefly

Lighting up my- mom's heart....

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '07 11:06am PST 
PETA is a bunch of psycos, but IAMS vets qualify to join PETA.
Here is PETA's job requirements:
Must be Mental Asylum Escapee
Must Love to Abuse Animals
Must have severe mental problems
ONLY level 10 psycos allowedbig laugh

I don't believe PETA and I don't believe IAMS. But both are pretty wierd groups...Isn't PETA a cultlaugh out loud? And they claim to be an organization...big laugh
[notify]
Georgia's- Summer- Breeze

Whatsat???

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '07 11:21am PST 
♥{{Fi- ReFlY}
You are funny...big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Gunner

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '07 11:31am PST 
Isn't PETA listed on the US Terrorist groups? Or am I mistaken?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2