GO!

Royal Canin changed bag size

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jelly

The world- belongs to me!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 7:48pm PST 
I was at the store today and noticed that my Royal Canin Special 30 is now in a smaller bag. It is now 4.4 lbs instead of 5 lbs. The kicker in all this is the price is the same. That is a 12% reduction in size which really means a 12% increase in price. Has any other pup noticed this???
[notify]
Belle

Short legs, long- body, huge- heart.

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 7:52pm PST 
the store i work at has been stocking these smaller bags. just a way for the company to make more profit.
[notify]
Delta

I love water!!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 8:02pm PST 
You know what surprisingly Royal Canin taste pretty good. This is mom talking. It actually didn't taste grainy. I was surprised.
[notify]

Jelly

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 8:03pm PST 
The whole thing is very insulting to me as a consumer. They made the bags smaller and changed the design on the bag and I am sure they are hoping that people won't realize that they are buying less for the same money. This food was always expensive compared to others on the market and now it is even more expensive. I have sent an e-mail to the company expressing my displeasure.
[notify]
Belle

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 8:06pm PST 
even the larger bags are smaller at the same price. people keep buying it and most don't even notice the bag size/price ratio has changed shrug

luckily, you are a smart consumer.
[notify]
Roswell,- CGC, NPC

Fly free, Beau.- Cancer sucks :(

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 8:21pm PST 
That stinks.. when did this change? Royal canin is fairly expensive compared to other dog foods. But my shepherd does well on it and I like the brand, so I guess I will follow along. Maybe I will write the company too. I hadn't noticed a change in the German shepherd formula's size. I'll have to check now. They had a ton of promotions when it first came out, with free bags and $5.00 off coupons. Maybe this is their way to get back at us for their loss of profit shock.
[notify]
Sofia

Soafie Loafie

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 9:05pm PST 
HMPH! Sorry Jelly Bean!
[notify]
Jelly

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 6:05am PST 
The change must have just happened in the past couple of months. I bought a bag of food in June and it was the 5 lb bag and now they are 4.4 lbs. I would now pay $19.99 for 4.4 lbs which is over $5.00 a pound when taxes are included. I think they are trying to do some damage control with their bags because in fairly big print it says the bag holds 17 cups. Being that I only eat 1/2 cup per day means the bag would last me for 34 days. Royal Canin wants me to think that $20.00 for a months worth of food isn't too bad and not think of the price per pound or how much the food has gone up.
[notify]
Belle

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 7:05am PST 
i noticed that little addition of cups per bag as well. but for people that feed their dog 3/4 or even a cup a day they are paying roughly 5 dollars a pound for a little over two weeks of food. yikes.
[notify]
Laney

let's RUN!!!

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '07 7:22am PST 
$19.99 for 5 pounds??? Is this US dollars? Are you kidding me. What specific food of theirs are you using -- because I am dying to see what they are putting in this food for that amount of money. My coworker feeds the puppy formula and I looked up the ingredients -- while it is a lot better than some foods, you can still find way better out there. Innova, Orijen, Instinct, Timberwolf Organics and so forth.

I feed my dog Nature's Variety Instinct which is grain-free, lots of meat, eggs, etc. and so forth... and I pay like $20 for a 13-lb bag. I thought THAT was expensive, but it's worth it to me since it's such a great food. I don't know about RC though... let me know, I am VERY interested!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2