GO!

is soy milk OK for dogs??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Bella

Mighty Mite

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 1:36am PST 
from Bella's Mom.
I'm drinking vanilla flavored soy milk these days and gave Bella a very small amount - she lapped it up but I'm not sure if it's OK for dogs to drink it. Anyone know? Bella won't eat yogurt anymore - she's very picky!
[notify]
Benny

Obey the Corgi!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 3:26am PST 
I'd worry about excess sugars, however I know Purina and other companies have done studies on soy isoflavones (which soy milk is high in) and their effects on weight loss in dogs.

I've also seen a few people mention online before that they use soymilk with their kibbles to make them more palatable.

I would do some research if you wanted to use it regularly in their diet, but as a small treat, I don't see them harm.

shrug
[notify]
Belle

Short legs, long- body, huge- heart.

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 12:45pm PST 
soy is often an allergen for dogs.
[notify]

Olive

Olive: Cooler- than an unused- pillow.

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 11:01pm PST 
I was going to post what Belle posted. You beat me to it, Belle!laugh out loud
[notify]
Grover

CGC - tummy rub,- please

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '07 9:00am PST 
As long as your pup isn't allergic to soy, then it's fine in small doses.
[notify]