GO!

What fruits CAN dogs eat?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Matilda [no longer mine]

Do you gots a- treat?

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 2:34pm PST 
Hi Pupswave I know we cant eat grapes,Tomatoes and that is all I knowlaugh out loud

Licks and Wags
~Matilda~dog
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 2:44pm PST 
Why can't we eat tomatoes? What's wrong with them? We like to eat apples and bananas and pineapple.
[notify]
Ra

Anything that- squeaks must- DIE!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 2:49pm PST 
I'm curious too, about grapes and tomatos.
I used to like bananas sometimes.
[notify]

Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 2:57pm PST 
I didn't know tomatoes were bad?

I like apples.
[notify]
Matilda [no longer mine]

Do you gots a- treat?

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 3:08pm PST 
I think it can cause kidney failure, Well that is what my vet told my mom
[notify]
Matilda [no longer mine]

Do you gots a- treat?

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 3:11pm PST 
I know for a fact that 1 raison or grape can cause kidney failure but tomatoes I foregot what they cause. Oh ya and I love apples too!!

Edited by author Mon Jul 9, '07 3:12pm PST

[notify]
Riley

Leave no turn- unexplored!

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 3:14pm PST 
I know we can't eat grapes for sure as there is some kind of toxin in them that can hurt us. Other than that I thought we can eat tomotoes too as my doctor said, not onions, grapes, raisins, chocolate and not tooooo much garlic if at all.
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 3:19pm PST 
Only green tomatoes are toxic to dogs, as are green potatos. Apple seeds are also dangerous (but probably only in large quanities) but apples themselves are fine. Onions are a no-no because they cause anemia.
[notify]
Moxie

Vertically- challenged hound- dog

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 3:24pm PST 
Yummy, fruit is great... hmmmm... we get raspberries, blue berries, strawberries, bananas, a little bit of orange or grapefruit on rare occasion (too much may be a bit hard on the system)... oh yeah, apples too...
[notify]
Gracie

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '07 4:34pm PST 
Tomatoes WILL NOT hurt your dog! Just read the labels of some of the upper scale canned dog foods. Actually they are very good for them & most dogs love them! I feed part Canidae & homecooked which includes tomatoes. We used to have a cocker spaniel that used to steal tomatoes. When we took her over to my mom's, we had to watch that dog. She would quietly disappear & there was no problem finding her. She could always be found in the tomato patch chowing down on tomatoes. She would look up at you when she got caught with tomato juice running from her jaws! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2