GO!

Can dogs eat apples?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Max

Max. ((;

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 2:55pm PST 
My dog grabbed my apple out of my hand and ate it. Should I be concerned. Is fruit good for dogs??? Helpcry
[notify]
ANGEL

CB stole my <3

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 3:38pm PST 
dogs can eat apples just not the seeds the seeds contain arsnic and can potentially be deadly. but as long as your dog didnt get the seeds apples are just fine.
[notify]
Dulce

Bullies Are- The Best!

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 4:06pm PST 
Yes, apples are fine. I chop them up along with potato, sweet potato, and carrots, and mix them in with Dulce's food.

Not to worry smile
[notify]

Attis

I'm your (big)- man.

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 6:15pm PST 
I LOVE apples and bananas along with sweet potatoes and strawberries, blueberries, carrots and all of that good stuff that mom mixes in with my food.
Mom puts fruits and veggies into a food processor and the pours it into ice cube trays so we have them whenever we want-especially on a hot summer day. Ice cubes are fun to eat but even more fun when they are filled with everything you love.... Mmmmmmm...
snoopysnoopy
[notify]
Tracksie- (TDIT, CGC)

Follow- Your Nose, &- Heart

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 6:17pm PST 
Does anyone know if pickles are okay for dogs too?
shrug
[notify]
Emma

Goofy Old Goat

Barked: Fri Feb 2, '07 8:37pm PST 
Apples are good, the seeds are toxic.

Apples provide pectin a fiber, antioxidants like quercetin that help fight free radicals, vitamin C and other valuable vitamins and minerals.
[notify]
Lacey Luv

See me, Love me

Barked: Sat Feb 3, '07 5:33am PST 
My dogs love apples, I give them at least once a week as a treat. Most fruits are good for dogs, apples, pears, bananas. Stay away from grapes and raisins.
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Sat Feb 3, '07 1:24pm PST 
Tracksie,

I love pickles, especially sweet pickels.
[notify]
Aina- Aloysius de- LeMaitre

work hard, play- hard

Barked: Sat Feb 3, '07 3:17pm PST 
Fruit is grrrrrreat!!!! Haven't met a fruit I didn't like.

My nose knows which apples on the tree are ready for picking. My people pick them for me and then I eat the whole thing. Been doing it since I was a pup like you Max. I get at least 4 fruits a day, ranging from apples to oh-so-sweet-pineapple (not a whole one though) to whatever fruit my people have.

But remember, everything in moderation. We found out how many tomatoes is too much when I ate a bunch and then threw them right up. I was ready to try again though!

And some of my buddies with sensitive tummies can't eat whole fruit. Their people have to peel and core the apples and pears. I'll eat those leftover pieces for them!!!
[notify]
Brandwyn

Shelties- Forever!

Barked: Sat Feb 3, '07 4:48pm PST 
Apples are a good fruit to feed dogs. Just be sure they don't eat the seeds because they contain cyanide. Peach stones, and pear seeds are also very toxic to dogs for the same reason. All these fruits are good for dogs and oh yeah try a banana they love them!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3