GO!

Rabbit poop

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Booga

Go ahead, smell- my butt

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 2:33pm PST 
Why does my dog eat rabbit poop? She is on a good food and all but has started using her dog park time for a icky easter egg hunt shrug
[notify]
Penny

Rattweiler

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 3:18pm PST 
All I can say is: Mmmm! Pass some over!
[notify]
Takiah

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 3:35pm PST 
Yum, me too!! I love rabbit poo!!

Most dogs love to eat herbivorous animal poo. Wolves in the wild will follow packs of deer, bison, etc and eat their poop too. It is kind of gross to us, but it is actually full of fibre, and is very rich in enzymes. Probably feels good on their system thinking

On the flip side, poo can carry parasites as well, especially wild animal poo. Its not likely your dog will get them, but if you do see the dog eat it, keep an eye on them for signs of illness.

It`s not necessarily anything to do with their diet, they just like it.
[notify]

Maggie May

Foofer McWoofer

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 4:38pm PST 
Well, I've never been one to eat poop but I DO like to roll around in it! wink
[notify]
Lola CGC, TD

i'm kind of cute

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 5:53pm PST 
Because they are little balls of yummy goodness! BOL!! Kinda like an after-breakfast cereal?? Eww... but ohso good!
[notify]
Nate

he's our angel- :)

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 9:17pm PST 
there's a rabbit that's been coming to our yard.applause mommy is not impressed as we snack on it's poop.shrug mommy has blocked off the possible entery ways & hopes that daddy will lay chicken wire down in the spring to keep the rabbit out for good. cloud 9 mommy is worried as she has decided to limit our vaccines but doesn't want us to get sick from the rabbit poop. confused
[notify]
Aspen

You will obey- me!

Barked: Tue Jan 16, '07 9:25pm PST 
It's Cocoa Puffs for Doggies!

Lucky me I have my own personal supply!!
My Mom has two fuzzy bunnies that like to kick some of those delicious puffs out of their cage every now and then ... but I have to be careful not to get caught eating them up or she gets out that nasty squirt bottle! confused Sheesh!
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 7:58am PST 
I like to eat the rabbit poop too. So does my Corgi buddy. It's really hard to find this time of the year but in the summer it's a smorgasbord!!

Mom doesn't approve (although she doesn't mind when I eat the guinea pigs' poop shrug) but I do it anyway!
[notify]
Shelby

Lick everyone to- death!

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 12:06pm PST 
shelby eats the cat poop. I kind of figured since the kittens are carnivorous it could only be that she thinks of herself as their mother and is trying to hide their scent?

Like literally she'll go to the litter box and munch on kitty poo like it's going out of style.
[notify]
Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Wed Jan 17, '07 7:28pm PST 
Mmm...Crunchy cat poop is my favorite...but if you guys say rabbit poop is good I'll really have to try to get into my auntie's room sometime...she has a rabbit!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2