GO!

Can dogs eat shrimps?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 6:29am PST 
Just curious to know if there are health risks... they'd be de-shelled, of course, and steamed. No sauce.

Edited by author Mon Jun 26, '06 6:30am PST

[notify]
Dante

Cuddling,- walking, food,- it's all good.

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 6:43am PST 
Can dogs eat shrimp? Sure. Find me a dog that LIKES shrimp, heheheh. In small amounts, yeah, no big deal. (as in one meduim shrimp, not a jumbo butterfly shrimp).
[notify]
Mingus, CGC,- R3GL

www.phetched.com

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 6:46am PST 
Don't shrimp have really high mercury levels? If so, it's not something you'd want to eat too much of, right?
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 7:24am PST 
Actually shrimp is a food with lower mercury levels (along with canned light tuna) than other fish.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 7:42am PST 
dogs don't like shrimps?
[notify]
Mingus, CGC,- R3GL

www.phetched.com

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 7:49am PST 
I looked it up, and you are right, Rosie! Low mercury in shrimp. I wonder what I was getting it confused with??

So that makes me curious! I want to try a shrimp!
[notify]
Vader

Expert Howl-er

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 7:54am PST 
Shrimp?? hahaha! I am a natural fisherman! Didnt Sibes like me have a thing for "fresh catches" like salmon in the old days? I don't think a shrimp or two would hurt and I certainly won't tell anyone if you do decide to snack down...
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 8:17am PST 
Yea Mingus, I wanna try one as well!
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 8:22am PST 
Rosie and Mingus, I'll share my shrimp! big grin
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 8:45am PST 
I think shrimp is fine! I was actually thinking of getting some for Sabrina when we were at Ranch 99 but it was too expensive and I wasnt' sure she'd like it. But I bet the cat would like it!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2