GO!

groomin'... on a summer afternoon

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gus

Barked: Sun Jul 13, '08 4:19pm PST 
What do you'all do for summer do's? I love the feel of my soft, soft coat but nothing beats a buzz cut for the summer, especially in southern California.
[notify]
Malik ~In- Loving- Memory~

Oh boy, Oh boy,- Oh boy

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 1:03pm PST 
I too love Malik when he's fuzzy. He's like a little teddy bear. But, at 12, he doesn't handle the heat like he used to. He gets buzzed too. The nice thing is it makes him look younger. Plus it's a lot easier to care for when he swims.
[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 7:22pm PST 
Jasmine stays in a springer cut year round, she looks silly shaved. Riley however, my big boy, gets shaved. I do keep his "springer" type ears.. (1/3 shaved). I cant stand the look of springers with shaved ears. silenced For his coat it is much easier in the summer to keep him short.... no burrs, mud, matts, sticks, and whatever else he finds.
[notify]

Gus

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '08 7:39pm PST 
Yeah, I just gave Gus a second summer cut, but left the ears this time. However, the groomer shaved his whiskers, which I don't think he did last time. Does anyone know if this is a problem? Will they grow back?
[notify]
Jasmine Lula CGC, TDI

Too Human To Be- A Dog

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 6:24pm PST 
I shave the whiskers off mine too. Its fine and yes they grow back. smile
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 14, '10 12:47pm PST 
yeah i agree spaniels need to keep there ears when they get clipped. Spaniel ears define the dog.

www.canvasdomain.co.uk
[notify]