GO!

Video Removed for Infingement?

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '08 10:29am PST 
Jake, have you actually tried contacting HQ about this? They have a pretty quick turn-around time, especially if you call them.

You can contact:

community AT dogster DOT com

Or check the community guidelines for the phone number.

Thanks!
Rondo
Caffrey

Terrier- ific!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '08 1:36pm PST 
I noticed one of my videos was removed just before Christmas and emailed John @ HQ asking for a little more information on why this is now happening to videos with music.

I'm sure he won't mind be posting a paragraph from the email that explains clearly the current situation with music on videos uploaded to Dogster:
"Yes, this is total disappointment and we are still working on figuring it all out. As far as I know right now our video hosting company has been contacted by a consortium representing music companies and has to pull all videos with copyrighted music in them. This is such a bummer because the videos we are making on Dogster are just for fun, personal use. But, the law is the law and we respect our video partner’s intention to protect their business by obeying the law. This kind of thing will be coming to youtube and all the other sites shortly unless there is some new type of legislation or publishing agreements made. Hopefully that will happen some day soon."
[notify]
Maggie CTL1 RE CGC

Bar Hoppin'

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '08 8:27pm PST 
Well I know that you can download a video from YouTube, separate music from the video, save the music file as mp3, and you have a free mp3 of a song - no paying for anything, just simple copy pasting. I don't think that you can do that on Dogster (since the videos are basically flash videos). But I do hope that this is figured out soon. I enjoy watching videos of people doing stuff with their dogs to music (I actually don't have a video making program so none of mine are to music).
[notify]

MOTCH AGMCH- Abbi- LIFETIME VGA

PsychoPup

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '08 12:28pm PST 
My agility video was pulled for the same reason this morning. I've noticed a few others just in the last 10 minutes and all have been agility videos. I'm thinking dogster hq is gonna be very busy over the next couple of months pulling videos left, right, and centre as a good majority of videos have some sampling of popular music in them.

Big Brother has entered the room kiddies. Can you say personal use rights? You can't, cause there are none now.
[notify]
Rocky (In- Loving- Memory)

Golden Angel

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '08 4:23pm PST 
The tribute I made for my Rocky also got deleted for infringement today. I'm guessing it's the song I used...shrug Because other than that, they were just pictures of my baby Rocky.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2