GO!

Video Removed for Infingement?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jake

So many- squirrels, so- little time...

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 9:51am PST 
Hi, does anyone know why my video would be removed by Dogster? It was just a video of me doing agility...

You can see a copy of it at http://www.barkandstuff.com
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 12:26pm PST 
hi Jake!
I think I read somewhere that Dogster was being more careful of video content- I mean the songs, for copyright reasons.wave
[notify]
~ Princess ~

I AM A- PRINCESS- !!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 6:24pm PST 
I checked out your Vidoes and they were so cute but I think it is because of the song to.
Tina
[notify]

Meatball{Mea- ty}- 2002-2010

Die Cancer Die- !!!!!!!

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 7:57pm PST 
Was it set to music by any chance ? Pardon my french but I know of another pup that got *boned* for that reason today.

I believe the reason from the *officials* was that Dogster is
liable to be fined for each and every video that uses music without permission.

So then, will they be notifying on EVERY video ? And what about musical pages ? Wouldn't that also constitute copy write infringement?

thinking
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:56am PST 
It would be nice if HQ tells you when something is removed from your page and why. Although Dogster rules say nothing about this policy. A quick dogmail with a standard comment referring them to their UPDATED policy page would be professional and productive.
[notify]
Chloe the- Chaotic

Chaotic to the- bone.

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 5:38am PST 
Woofs having content pulled and not so much as a curtesy email to specify what about your content caused the *infraction* is not very proactive at all...not like the good 'ol days. You may not have liked the reason...but at least you knew what you needed to change to put it back up.

Chloe, Chaotically has had content pulled back in the day, but at least used to be told why...
[notify]
Griffon

Look! A- slipper!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:08pm PST 
This has just happened to me too. It would have been nice to be notified, because I couldn't figure out what might have been wrong until I read this thread.

I made my video with my digital camera and legal music from my computer. I can understand that they would not want to pay any fines, I assumed that because it's a personal video that I choose to put online, shouldn't be a problem.

I guess I'll change it and stick it back up there. I'll have to find somewhere else to post the full video

Edit: I just wanted to add...look at YouTube...personal videos...no one is getting removed for use of music. Hmm..actually maybe that's where I will post my videos! LOL

I want people to see it and have fun background noise at they watch it...not me talking to the dog in the background or the tv noise.

Edited by author Tue Jan 1, '08 1:12pm PST

[notify]
Shadow

Cat Corraler

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 2:33pm PST 
Itunes now has a section of unlocked music you can pay for and use in any of your video projects.! I've been going that route or getting approval from the label, which is a true pain... silenced

It’s an annoyance, but without this rule Dogster would have a huge liability on its shoulders.
[notify]
Madalyn

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 8:52pm PST 
I can understand Dogster not wanting to be sued but this whole Copyright Infringement has become really ridiculous. It makes me just want to listen to the radio and never buy another CD.

I really don't see how ripping a mp3 from a CD you purchased and using it in a personal home video of your pet for personal use is infringement confused
[notify]
P-Diddle

They tell me I'm- their "beautiful- boy"

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 6:04pm PST 
Ever wonder why restaurants don't sing "Happy Birthday" anymore? It's copyrighted. Singing it would get them sued.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.asp
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2