GO!

A Transport Network?

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Lola

Poodle, not- doodle!

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 8:52pm PST 
I'm not sure how much traffic this section of the forums gets but no harm giving it a go. I've recently started a group on facebook with the goal of creating a web of Transport volunteers from the Southern US all the way up in to New England. The goal is to not have to scramble for transporters last minute and to always have a standing group of people as a go to. Multiple people in the same area would be great! If you have a facebook, please check it out.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/303485736391247/
[notify]
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 10:15pm PST 
Great idea!! I hope you get a lot of people to join in and help!! cheer
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 8:31am PST 
Just a thought...I enjoy volunteering for transports but I'm not a facebooker, so maybe offer an alternative contact for folks like me who want to help but don't use that site.

I'm based in southern New England, please pm me with your contact info (like your email address for this group if you have one) if you'd like to add me to your list. I'll provide my phone numbers in my response email.

Great idea! Best of luck to you!
[notify]

Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 8:05am PST 
*bump!*

dog walkdog walkdog walk
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 11:47am PST 
Great idea! way to go But I too, am not a facebook person. Hopefully you'll get some names and info from here! Good luck! cheer
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 1:56pm PST 
Good luck. I know how hard getting a transport up and running is.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 5:26pm PST 
There is site on Yahoo called "dogtranspotvolunteers" a network of volunteers... from transporting, fostering, over-nighting, etc.

I just filled out a form of what I am comfortable doing and ta-da...you are part of the network. Just make sure you check "digest" for incoming info or you'll be overwhelmed with emails about every transport. way to go
[notify]