GO!

Transport Needed - Longview TX to Jacksonville FL

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Ozzy

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 1:45pm PST 
I have never done this before and as it is I am still in contact with the humane society to see if the puppy is available. I had to jump fast as the Euthanasia date was fast approaching. Please forgive my ignorance and if i forget to provide any info.
The dogs age is unknown but VERY young. Good with people and other animals. I do not know about shots. iTs a female, looks to be american boxer mix.

i am just looking for help or information so please if you can help, with transport or with info, let me know. I am willing to go some of the distance i but i just cant get all the way to TX.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 6:07pm PST 
You need to get the dogs vetted and have all their shots started.

In order for non owners to transport responsibly, they need an interstate health certificate.

you need to come up with a route-each leg being 1.5 to two hours max and post the legs so people can sign up for them.

you need to have someone who can take possession of the dogs at the start point. If that isn't going to be you then who? Does the person picking them up have to pretend to adopt them, who pays the fees? Do they charge fees for a person to pull them for rescue? Do they only allow approved rescues to pull from the shelter?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Oct 11, '11 3:51am PST 
If you are coming through Mobile Alabama, I can take a leg of the trip. Figure out a route and post in as many places as possible.

Good Luck
[notify]

Molly

Yes I do have to- wag with my- whole body

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 12:57am PST 
I can probably take a leg as I live right near Jacksonville tell me what you have so far and I can see if I can work something out. I am currently in NC so the sooner I know the sooner I might be able to help.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 15, '11 6:17am PST 
Hello I am rescuing a dog in Waco Texas and need transport to Florida as well. I live between Ocala and Orlando but will drive to Jacksonville to Pick Up if that helps
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Sun Oct 16, '11 11:38am PST 
Make sure the puppy is vetted before making a commitment. I went to college near Lonview and the Humane Society there would pull dogs from the shelter. Sadly, we took in a number that contracted Parvo and died within a day or two after coming to us. Just a heads up! smile Congrats on your rescue, if I still lived in Marshall, I would help. But I'm a few hours south of where you need now. frown
[notify]