GO!

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Chandler

Barked: Sun Jun 19, '11 3:45pm PST 
I have been in negotiation with a couple in FL for the last week on rescuing this 8 month old male Lab/Pointer mix. They have lost interest in the dog and along with a new baby they just don't have the resources or the time to care for him. He is up to date on all his shots with all paper work. They have a crate for him that can go along if needed.

Any help on making this happen would be appreciated.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sun Jun 19, '11 4:13pm PST 
OK, do you have route/day/time information planned for this trip? If you had that plus an estimate for when you need this to happen you are going to get better responses. This means creating a route, posting it with mileage/approximate times and stop information. I think the most people typically drive is 2 hours or so. You'll need to plan an overnight more than likely somewhere because this is such a long trip. Goggle says 17 hours, shortest possible, straight through. Add on stops for potty breaks, ect you are prob looking at 22 hours of driving. That is at least 11-12 people.

I live in the area and could do the Daytona Beach to Jacksonville type run based on when this would be. Also, the crate might need to be collapsible for those of us with small cars.

I doubt you will find enough people on this site alone. Are you networking with other rescue transports, other groups on yahoo, facebook, ect?

Have you looked into professional transport companies?
[notify]
Chandler

Barked: Sun Jun 19, '11 5:47pm PST 
Thanks for the reply
I don't have a route planned, I was thinking straight up I95. This is not urgent (Yet!) they were told to hold on as long as possible and not to take him to the pound or the SPCA. So I have time to try and get things in order. Yes it's about a 22hr drive, I don't have a problem going 6 to 7 hours down I95. I am networking other sites and getting in contact with others to see what can happen. I do have a gentleman in the Port St. Lucie area that says he may be coming up to Newark DE area but he won't give me a straight answer and I don't know if he can be trusted.
[notify]

Bear

Best dog EVER!

Barked: Mon Jun 20, '11 9:58am PST 
I could probably do the south of Daytona Beach leg if you're going up I95. Let me know...
[notify]
Lucky, NTD

Novice trick- dog!

Barked: Mon Jun 20, '11 2:24pm PST 
I don't think I am able to help this time. cry However, I send my wishes to you!

Edited by author Mon Jun 20, '11 2:27pm PST

[notify]
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Mon Jun 20, '11 3:50pm PST 
If you can come up with a time line, my husband and I might be able to help. We are in the Richmond, VA area and can stop and visit my mother in law in Dover.
Keep me posted, please.wink
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Jun 21, '11 4:01pm PST 
Call us if you are coming near or through Mobile Alabama.
xamier@wildblue.net
[notify]
Chandler

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '11 8:32am PST 
Travel Complete!
Butler arrived a couple days ago and is adjusting well.

I want to thank all that replied and was will to help?

DMD.
[notify]
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '11 4:04pm PST 
So glad it worked out and Buster made it to his new home. Thanks for the update!cheer
[notify]