GO!

Transport Needed Mid May or After from Shreveport, LA to Buffalo, NY!

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Boudreaux - In Loving- Memory

Die Cancer, Die!

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 10:16am PST 
Matzo is one of the puppies that Mom rescued from a dangerous situation along with his MommaDog and 8 brothers and sisters. He has a home waiting for him if he can get to Buffalo, NY. Mom will happily drive the first leg from Shreveport, LA to meet someone...can we get Matzo to his new home? (If any of you knew Meatball the boxer, he's going to live with Meaty's family!)

Thanks for your help!
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Apr 28, '11 8:47pm PST 
Hi, I live in Citronelle Alabama (near Mobile) If you come through my neck of the woods, I would be happy to take a leg of the trip.

Please let me know.
xamier@wildblue.net

Betty Morgan
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 4:18am PST 
I'm back from vacation May 14th and live about 1 1/2 hours south of Buffalo. I'll be glad to host/transport after we get back... cheer

Sent you a p-mail,...

Edited by author Fri Apr 29, '11 4:29am PST

[notify]

Die Cancer, Die!

Barked: Fri Apr 29, '11 8:52am PST 
Thanks pups! We're still putting together a plan...we'll keep you posted...
[notify]
Winston

Let's Play!

Barked: Wed May 4, '11 4:28pm PST 
Don't forget about us--we've in Virginia and if the transport comes near us we'd love to help!
[notify]

Die Cancer, Die!

Barked: Thu May 5, '11 11:58am PST 
Thanks Winston! We found a transport service used and trusted by some of our local rescues, but we will still need to fill in gaps at both ends...Shreveport to Slidell and either NJ or CT to Buffalo...
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu May 5, '11 12:21pm PST 
I'm located in CT, so p-mail me if there's anything I can do.big grin
[notify]
Mystique- 'Tiki'

Wooo Awooo!

Barked: Thu May 5, '11 1:57pm PST 
Quick question.. why would you go from Shreveport to Slidell? Wouldn't you go up through Arkansas or through northern MS? You'd be heading in the wrong direction going from Shreveport to Slidell... thinking

This is the map that came up with the shortest time and distance from Shreveport to Buffalo...

Link to Map

Edited by author Thu May 5, '11 1:58pm PST

[notify]

Die Cancer, Die!

Barked: Fri May 6, '11 6:47am PST 
He would go to Slidell to meet the transport that would take him all the way (with the same people) from Slidell to either NJ or CT. We are probably going to use SafeDog Express...they are a professional transport that has an excellent reputation and they have a great set-up to get the dogs up north. If I were organizing all of the transport with just voluteers, we would go through Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Louisville, Columbus, Cleveland to Buffalo. (I may have left out a town or two...going from memory right now.)

The option is still there for an all-volunteer trasport, this one won't run until around June 13, so there's still time.
[notify]
Mystique- 'Tiki'

Wooo Awooo!

Barked: Fri May 6, '11 8:02am PST 
Ok, got ya way to go good luck!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2