GO!

Soledad Canyon Fire-Villaboos Need to evacuate NOW!-CA

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 4:20pm PST 
URGENT URGENT!!! VILLALOBOS RESCUE CENTER IS ON FIRE RIGHT NOW, URGENT. PLEASE ALL PEOPLE, CRATES AND CARS/TRUCKS NEEDED TO HELP MOVE 200 DOGS.

36220 ANTHONY ROAD, AGUA DULCE 91390 eek
[notify]
Rusty

I love trouble

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 4:21pm PST 
We do need evacuation help at Villalobos Rescue Center - the Soledad Canyon fire is burning too close. please contact Heidi as she is our on the ground person right now, 818-272-1841. If you have crates, please bring them. This is no longer a drill. Email becky@vrcpitbull.com if you need map link...
[notify]
Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 4:47pm PST 
Villalobos Rescue Center; Stay tuned, you can't get ahold of Rita, her phone blew up ... but she doesn't have any more details than they aren't letting people up the road, but if you are on the way, or nearby, maybe wait in the parking lot of the grocery store in Agua Dulce...it's the closest main point I can think of...cell coverage is so poor up there.

( http://www.facebook.com/#!/VillalobosRescueCenter )
[notify]

Lexi

Girls Just Wanna- Have Fun

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 7:52pm PST 
I am from BC so cannot help with transport and have no crates to donate, but wanted to know if a donation via paypal would help in this situation? I'm not flush with cash, but can send a little your way if it would help? Let me know.
[notify]
Bailee

Here\'s my Wubba- - now play with- me!!

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 8:40pm PST 
For those of us who are too far away to help with transport is there anything we can do to help?
[notify]
Opie CGC

Luv-A-Pittie

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 9:03pm PST 
According to their facebook site it looks like the fire has passed them by for the most part. Still a very dangerous situation but it looks like they are going to be okay!
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Jul 30, '10 12:57am PST 
Please continue updates...including suggestions for assistance for those of us too far away to drive up and help.
[notify]
Rusty

I love trouble

Barked: Fri Jul 30, '10 1:27am PST 
Villalobos Rescue Center; Things are still looking good, minor flare ups but the dogs that were evacuated are all coming back and Tia has 30 people staying onsite with her to wait out the night. Again, for everyone who helped, offered, and just everything...thank you!!!!

Their website is; http://www.vrcpitbull.com/home.htm for anyone wanting to make donations.

I'm pleased things came out ok, I was worried and wanted to help so posted this everywhere I could cheer
[notify]
Maya-Living- in the UK

Pet me please?

Barked: Fri Jul 30, '10 6:40am PST 
Villalobos Rescue Center: What a night. Everything is burning away from Villalobos but that damn fire is threatening other homes and ranches, so please keep those good thoughts going for everyone in it's path. All the dogs and wolves who were evacuated yesterday were resettled about midnight...I'll have a real update this morning.
[notify]