GO!

San Francisco Area to Los Angeles, no date set yet (cat transport)

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Pony Boy- a/k/a Tommy- Gavin

What do you mean- I'm not a Pit- Bull?

Barked: Thu Dec 28, '06 10:40am PST 
In response to the below post, one of my mom's rescue groups has agreed to take 8 cats. If you can help with transport, please let us know. No specific dates have been set yet.

Dear Best Friends Members,
For years, the Magills have lived close to a park in Los Gatos that was a convenient dumping ground for unwanted cats.For years, Doug Magill and his wife have helped the cats abandoned near their home by providing them with medical care, food, shelter and love.

But now the Magills are the ones who need help.

As the couple has grown older, it has become harder for them to care for the 42 felines who live inside their home or outside on their property. Recently, someone called San Jose Animal Control to complain.

The officer who came out to visit the Magills could see that they were trying their best with the cats, who appeared to be healthy and friendly. He didn't want to confiscate the cats and take them to the shelter, so he agreed to work with the Magills as long as they continued trying to find other homes for the cats.

The Magills have managed to find homes for a few of the cats on their own, but they both have health problems that make it difficult to spend much time posting flyers or attending adoption events.

You can help them by spreading the word about these cats, many of whom are Siamese mixes. Please forward this email to anyone you know who might be able to assist the Magills in finding homes for their rescued cats.

If you need more information or would like to adopt a cat yourself, please contact Doug Magill directly: 408-356-1602 or at dbmac@msn.com
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Thu Dec 28, '06 11:29am PST 
Are there pictures of these Kitties online anywhere? I live in their area and even though they are cats I would be happy to post a listing for them on Kitai's www.CutestDogEver.com website. If there aren't pictures I will call Doug and see if I can go out and take a few for the website I could do it as soon as tomorrow.
[notify]
Cotton, TDI,- CGC, TFP-I,- FMX

You can't resist- me.

Barked: Fri Dec 29, '06 12:45pm PST 
We live in the central valley and can transport part of the way (depending on time and date of transport). I drive a small car so I don't know if I can fit 8 individually crated cats. It is a hatchback so it fits more than expected so measurements will be needed to make sure. Pmail me if I can help.
[notify]

Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Sat Dec 30, '06 11:07am PST 
I talked to Mr. Magill on the phone and he is going to send me some pictures to use on Kitai's site so that I can steer people his direction.

Thank you for posting this Pony Boy. I'm glad I can help in some small way.
[notify]
Piglet

Just a Truckin'- little Piggy

Barked: Wed Jan 3, '07 9:59pm PST 
We have a trucker contact that goes to Northern CA sometimes. He might be able to help with one or two cats but not sure when he's heading to northern CA again, and would need both cats to be in crate with Litter box, etc.

Our Dad's a trucker too, and helps out animal rescue transport, but he's deathly allergic to those Kitties. frown

Edited by author Wed Jan 3, '07 9:59pm PST

[notify]
Pony Boy- a/k/a Tommy- Gavin

What do you mean- I'm not a Pit- Bull?

Barked: Thu Jan 4, '07 4:39pm PST 
Hey everydog. The last mom heard from her rescue group, a lady from another rescue group was going over to help Mr. Magill photograph and 'catalog' all the kitties. I know that Best Friends is going to take some of the cats and lots of other rescues have stepped in, so we don't know if this transport will ever actually happen, or if all the kitties are being taken care of. I sure hope so! I love kitties! I have 5 of my own... BOL!!! But we will update everydog when we hear something one way or the other. Thank you all for being willing to get involved with C-A-T-S...BOL!! They aren't so bad...just gotta show them who is in charge. *Thinks to self 'They are, mostly'*
[notify]