GO!

Urgent Transport Need! Des Moines, IA to Columbus, OH *AND* Kansas City, MO to Columbus, OH

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 8:42am PST 
There are 6 puppies in need of new foster homes and transport within 48 hours or they are most likely going to a kill shelter. Not all 6 need to go to Ohio.... Dogster members are working hard to find them homes and foster homes and get them to new safe locations.

Their current foster situation was emergency and is tenuous at best... These pups are Dog of the Day today and really need a holiday miracle if they are going to make it to Christmas...

IF you live in:

Kansas
Missouri
Illinois
Indiana

and could help transport these pups to a dogster willing to foster them until new fosters can be found please post here and pmail Mellow directly.

Mellow's mom said she could do the final Indiana leg into Ohio if others could pitch in and get them to her.

There isn't much time left to help these babies.

Here are the links to the threads about the pups in:

Plus Informational

Shelters and Rescue Forum
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 9:15am PST 
Here's a proposed route. Since it is the holiday season I made the legs shorter, but if you're willing to take on a couple that would be great! Also, if you live along the way and can foster, that would be terrific! * denotes leg tentatively covered, ** denotes that leg is covered:

Kansas City to Columbus

1. Kansas City to Boonville (I70) 100 miles

2. Boonville to Warrenton (I70) 95 miles

3. Warrenton to St. Louis (I70) 70 miles

**4. St. Louis to Effingham, IL (I70) (Charlie)

5. Effingham to Terre Haute, IN (I70) 70 miles

6.Terre Haute to Indianapolis (I70) 80 miles

*7 Indianapolis to Richmond, IN 80 miles--Mellow?

**8 Richmond, IN to Columbus, OH (Mellow)
--------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
Des Moines, IA to Columbus, OH

1. Des Moines to Grinnell, IA (I-80) 60 miles

2. Grinnell to Iowa City (I-80) 70 miles

3. Iowa City to Davenport, IA (I-80) 60 miles

4. Davenport to Galesburg, IL (I-74) 60 miles

5. Galesburg to Peoria (I-74) 50 miles

6. Peoria to Bloomington, IL (I-74) 45 miles

7. Bloomington to Danville, IL (I-74) 85 miles

8. Danville, IL to Indianapolis, IN 90 miles

9. Indianapolis to Richmond, IN 80 miles

**10. Richmond, IN to Columbus, OH (Mellow)

Edited by author Thu Dec 21, '06 6:01am PST

Mellow

IF you can- catch- me....

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 9:24am PST 
Wow Rondo, thanks. Obviously, I can take the Richmond, Indiana/Columbus, Ohio leg.
[notify]

Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 9:27am PST 
Great smile. I'll keep updating as we go.

*still waiting impatiently for lunch break*
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 9:42am PST 
Wow Rondo that is amazng! Thanks so much for doing that!
[notify]
Charlie

Pet a Pit, it's- good for the- soul

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 11:57am PST 
Rondo,
I can do the St. Louis-Effingham, IL or event to Terra Haute, if we can't find anyone. Or I could do Warrenton to Effingham. I will p-mail Mellow
[notify]
♥ ZOE- ♥

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 12:06pm PST 
oh i wished i lived in the midwest being here on the east coast is very frustrating!!
[notify]
Mellow

IF you can- catch- me....

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 12:09pm PST 
Thanks Charlie, got your pmail!
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 12:16pm PST 
Yay for Charlie! I put you down for St. Louis to Effingham, let me know what you decide on and I'll fix it to match.

Thanks!!!
sadie- (CPE),(NPC)

I love my- stuffie leg!

Barked: Tue Dec 19, '06 1:49pm PST 
well I don't know if this helps but Animal ark in Hastings MN is willing to take the puppies in if we can fined foster for about two weeks....Animal Ark is a no kill shelter....If this helps pmail me and I'll get you the info. also I would be willing to transport through MN ...unfortunatly I don't have the room to foster myself I may beable to fined some people but let me know?????

Edited by author Tue Dec 19, '06 2:08pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5