GO!

i want to help

This is a special place for Dogsters to help Dogsters arrange for community transport of rescues or dogs being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furever homes!

Panda

I'm adroable,- and I know how- to work it!

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 5:56am PST 
Can someone send me some info on how I can help? I just heard about this last night on the news and I want to do whatever I can to help animals in need. I am in the Nashville area and am happy to do anything i can.
[notify]
Pony Boy- a/k/a Tommy- Gavin

What do you mean- I'm not a Pit- Bull?

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 6:22am PST 
Panda,

There are lots of different transport groups, most of them are set up through Yahoo! Truck n Paws is a big one, but your mom can do a search of Yahoo! groups and there are over 200 transport groups - try to look for one with a large number of members. All transportation needs are posted to the group page and if there is a transport in your area, you can volunteer to drive.

It's really a great thing to do! I went from Georgia to Indianapolis and then back on a transport and my mom and I were very grateful for all of the transport drivers so they could get me to my mom!

Pony Boy
[notify]
Piglet

Just a Truckin'- little Piggy

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 11:32am PST 
Our Dad and mom help all the time. Dad does the driving cuz he's the truck driver and mom monitors the rescue transport boards on yahoo.com

try the closest Interstate near you, etc. (Example)
I-10 transport or I-80 transport (under yahoo groups)

thanks for wanting to help, alot of transports run every weekend, and some do not fill due to lack of volunteers.

Woof Woof

Piglet
[notify]

Panda

I'm adroable,- and I know how- to work it!

Barked: Thu Dec 21, '06 1:49pm PST 
thanks for all the help - My Mom wants to help out any way she can. Thanks pals!
[notify]