GO!

Washington DC to Las Crues NM-moving the 40LB Norwegian Elkhound

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Lego

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '14 9:26am PST 
I tried to put as much as possible in the title but we live in the DC area and have purchased our retirement home in Las Cruces NM. NOW, the airlines have eliminated direct flights to Albuquerque (4 hr flight, 3 hour drive) so it looks like flying Lego is out of the question. The drive is listed as 30 hours which is do-able but a pain. My perfect world would be to have some great way of transporting him from DC to someplace within striking distance. I would fly in and meet him. Obviously, we can't ship him like a box of toys but I wondered if anyone had a solution.

The alternative is my packing the tent and we have a cross country adventure. Thanks
Tags: Air travel, shipping, transportation, travel,
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 4:08am PST 
I know there are some companies that specialize in shipping dogs. Rescues use them to get dogs from the deep south to places they can get homes. You could probably google them or talk to your local rescues.

However, having driven from CA to the deep south with dogs and horses, I would recommend packing your tent and having an adventure.
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 7:53pm PST 
If the drive is doable for you, then taht would be my choice. My son does Uship when he travels from jobsite to jobsite and has twice transported dogs. One Aussie/Rottie was with him for days.
[notify]

Bam Bam

living is eating

Barked: Sat Mar 22, '14 12:22am PST 
Hi you may want to visit our website, Posh Pooch at http://vwpetworld.purrfectpetstuff.com/home.html. We have great deals and products for dogs. Thank you.
[notify]