GO!

Need dog friendly hotels/motels across Canada

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 5:20pm PST 
So as long as Sabi holds up we are moving in May to Halifax. I will have Sabi and Shadow only, my ex is taking Buddy backcry and Mori will be going to her new home soon. I am driving from Calgary to Regina day one and I have a pet friendly motel there that is ok with 2 GSDs. I can only cover 8-9 hours of driving a day and need help with finding accomodations along the rest of the route. I will be stopping in Ottawa with family for a few days to give the girls a break. Anyone know of a website or have you stayed anywhere that allows large dogs?
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 11:40am PST 
Sorry to hear about Buddy frown

I can't give any personal recommendations as I typically camp (any weather....a little crazy) when I have the dogs.
But have you tried: http://www.petfriendly.ca/ ?
[notify]
Sabi

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 12:28pm PST 
Thanks CobainsmileI'm gonna miss the big idiot but I know in my heart Buddy will be happier.
I'm game for camping, I was actually just worried about Sabs sleeping on the ground. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but at least half of my camping trips have involved snowlaugh out loud
I will check out that site, thanks again
[notify]

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 3:07pm PST 
Good luck in your travels!!

Never been further east than Manitoba but most (do check by calling the actual hotel!) Super 8s allow dogs. The worst part is finding a place that does not stick you in a smoking room- double yuck.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 3:43pm PST 
I've always used www.bringfido.com

Hope your trip goes well; that's a long trek!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:06pm PST 
Everybody else already said what I was going tolaugh out loud

Sorry about Buddyhughug

My mom did the trip in reverse in 2007. She didn't have any problems finding dog friendly hotels that would take her supposed Lab mixsmileShe and my aunt did it in about 7 days, taking their time.

welcometo the Maritimes!big grin
[notify]
Sabi

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 7:04pm PST 
Hi Bunnywave I'm actually from NS. I think I have spent enough time on the prairieslaugh out loudCan't wait to get back to the water
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 3:59am PST 
Well, in that case, welcome *back* to the Maritimes winklaugh out loud
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 8:57am PST 
Maci & Harley - way to go We always haggle with hotels over that stupid rule of putting people with dogs in Smoking rooms. Grrr.

I swell up like a balloon when in cig smoke for any length of time. Hubby has allergies...which is why we have Poodles. Hubby is excellent at being diplomatic AND getting his way laugh out loud I walk the dogs when he's doing his thing with the manager. wink Hotel managers will work with you when approached the right way.

Good Luck Sabi hug
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 3:15pm PST 
We lucked out over the years due to my husband's mobility issues and needing a handicapped room. But mainly we look for pet friendly, completly non smoking hotels to start with smile

Oh, can you send me some ocean air big grin This dry prairie stuff is making me grumpy.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2