GO!

Were getting a Champion Seat Belt

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 10:02am PST 
Well since the post in the laws and legislation forum about buckling up your pet. I ve been really thinking and researching new seat belts for Kashmir. We currently use the Easy Rider with strap i clip to the seat belt. I want one thats been crash tested and the Champion seems to fit what were looking for. cheer So in next couple weeks i think im going to order one for her.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 1:41pm PST 
Just curious, since you mentioned the Kurgo TruFit in the other thread, what made you pick the Champion instead? They both look good, just wondering what swung the decision since I'm trying to choose myself.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:42pm PST 
The champion seemed more secure than the kurgo true fit. Since Kashmir is a bigger dog at 78lbs that was a big consideration. I also looked at previous threads about car harnesses and other dogsters have the champion as well. I have only heard good reviews about it. Good luck in your decision. way to go

Edited by author Wed Jun 13, '12 4:43pm PST

[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:51pm PST 
Thanks! I've read good things about the Champion, too, in my limited researching. I'll definitely keep that one on the list of considerations.
[notify]
Homer

Homer's Where- the Heart is

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 8:30pm PST 
We have the Survivor big dog seat belt made by Champion and absolutely love it. We recently went on vacation with Homer and drove 17 hours each way. It was easy to get on and kept Homer secured. We had the Snoozer harness for Isabelle, and the Champion feels so much stronger, plus being able to adjust the tether part is a big plus.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 10:55pm PST 
Glad to hear you like it, Homer, because I went ahead and ordered one. Is that what he's wearing in your profile picture?

I do a lot of traveling with Onyx, too. We drove from near Los Angeles up to the Seattle area last week, and I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have the harness for the drive back down in a few weeks. Plus even at home he goes on almost daily car rides. I feel guilty for waiting this long to get one silenced
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 6:54am PST 
I looked on their site and I didn't read anything that said the Champion is crash tested, anybody know (?)...totally possible that I missed that, though. They do say that they're made to handle the force of 1200 lbs, a large dog being hurled forward in an accident.

Since I need to get a harness anyway, I'm also looking for a nice seat belt/harness combo like the Champion. I like the fact that they're geared for big dogs and the tether is adjustable, Lucille has a very deep chest and weighs 80lbs.
[notify]
y

dog-sitter in- charge.

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 9:47am PST 
If I remember right, a while back it was pretty hard to order a Champion seat belt and their site wasn't really maintained or running well. At that point we ended up going with Pet Buckle seat belt harness and like it. We will need another seat belt in the future for a larger pup too, so I'd be curious to know how well the Champion belt works.
[notify]
Homer

Homer's Where- the Heart is

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 4:40pm PST 
Onyx- it is the one he is wearing.

From what I remember it was pretty easy to order and got delivered fast. We ordered it about six month ago. It was hard to find a seat belt large enough to fit Homer. I am very happy with it though. It fits well and is very heavy duty.
The adjustable tether was perfect on our trip. We had to keep shortening it to keep Homer from putting his head between the front seats.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 4:56pm PST 
I ordered from USA K9 Outfitters and I didn't have any trouble ordering. The website seemed fine so maybe they fixed the issues they were having. We'll see how long it takes to get here.

I was wondering about the crash tested thing too. I read several other places that the Champion is crash tested but I didn't see it on that site.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2