GO!

Anyone flown with their dog before? Any tips?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 11:29am PST 
An 11" sherpa/samsonite bag will fit under an Air Tran seat. BTDT and have seen it done by someone else recently (October).

Ruffio the dog has to be able to stand up and turn around in the carrier. Unlike checked baggage/cargo, their heads can touch the top and as long as they can actually stand (even if their heads can't be held in a normal position) they are generally allowed to fly. Exceptions are dogs that are over the weight limit or that look "stuffed". I've seen both turned away.
[notify]
JoJo

I'm pretty much- a human with- fur!

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 4:50am PST 
Are Southwest and Air Tran allowing you to take your dog in the cabin with you? We are flying from Scotland to Texas but I can't find an airline that will let me take my little 4 lb yorkie in the cabin with me since it is an international flight.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 8:06am PST 
Cannot speak for South West as AT still maintains their own site. I can say they are doing things as they have in the past as far as boarding and seating - meaning assigned seating with no mad cattle rush.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2