|Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:31am PST |
|First, you need to look at the import requirements.
1. ISO compliant microchip or you'll be required to bring your own scanner.
2. Vaccination requirements for Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.
3. EU Vet Health Certificate (Form EC#: 998) that can only be filled out by accredited vets. To find a listing of those you will need to look HERE. The area vet in charge for your state (or actually your Dad's state) can tell you who is accredited.
4. USDA export form with endorsement (APHIS form 7001). You will have to provide them with * Microchip Implantation Record
* Rabies Certificate
* Vet Letter
* EU Vet Health Certificate
Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. This form is only good for 10 days. Depending on how far they are from their state Department of Agriculture office, this can be a major PITA and stressful.
They can put both dogs on one APHIS forum (it has space for up to 10 animals I think).
Honestly, given that they are Pugs, you would be better off waiting until they can come in-cabin vs as cargo. Summer heat embargoes (for animals traveling as checked baggage or cargo) go into effect when the temps are over 85. Most airlines are adopting a strict policy about when Brachy breeds (including Pugs) are allowed to travel due to the high number of deaths. Plus, if you use a pet relocation service, you will find it VERY expensive.
Make sure that you have your Dad reserve their in-cabin spots as soon as he buys his tickets as spots are limited.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|