GO!

Tanuk got a new car!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 6:31pm PST 
Hardly any hairs wander up you say? Tanuk is a good 6ft back and I still have his hairs coming out of my a/c!!

Turns out it's hard to find a good window tinter. thinking I'm surprised the dealership doesn't do it.

For our trips I covered every inch of interior in clean dog blankets, probably looked like a homeless shelter in my car! laugh out loud

Also, for those whose dogs ride in cargo, how do you restrain them? In the Rav4 the seats were so high I didn't have to worry, but Tanuk poses a projectile risk in the Outback. I think buckling him to something would be a pain, but those metal bar things I think would get annoying when I look out the rearview window?
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 11:09am PST 
Stopped over to see what you got. I am facing a longish trip and was thinking I should have something bigger (not that I can afford, it - just daydreaming.) But you got what I have! A Subaru Outback!

I love it madly. I do have the bars to block off the back and don't find them annoying. Much better than Savannah deciding to climb forward and sit on me! For our trip I am going to pad the cargo space up like one giant dog bed and they can lounge around or sleep. I'm even going to stuff old pillows down in the gap between the back and front seats - kind of copying something I saw in the Orvis catalog, but without the Orvis price!

Savannah loves to ride in the car, sometimes I have to leave her in there after we travel until she decides she wants to get out. Samoa is a different story, so I am going to try to make it comfy for him.

Enjoy the new wheels!
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 3:31pm PST 
I WISH I had a bigger car! Currently I am driving a 2001 Accord, which mean if we take all six dogs, we have to take two vehicles laugh out loud A couple of months ago I ended up having to bring all SIX of them on a 4 hour trip in my car shock Hunter sat in the front seat and the other five (who are thankfully smaller) sat in the back... they were good thank goodness but we were all so glad to be home. My next car will definitely be much BIGGER.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3