GO!

Dogs ride in car without using seat belts

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 85)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Sat Oct 9, '10 11:07am PST 
No living being rides in my car without being safely restrained. I have seen what happens to an unrestrained human body in a car accident, I will not allow my dog's body to be smashed against a car interior or thrown out of the car. I love her far too much for that.
[notify]
Floppy

Did somebody say- car ride?!?!

Barked: Tue Oct 12, '10 5:33am PST 
I personally haven't used a seat belt for my dog but I'm actually in the process of looking into them. I'm thinking that it will be her Christmas gift this year.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 4:45am PST 
its really a amazing scene.that the dog is ride in a car without the seat belt.
[notify]

Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 9:15am PST 
Sita & Tia don't wear seat belts. I have a SUV & keep the back seats down so they have the back to walk around in. I used to feel a little guilty about this, but I made the decision not to for two reasons. 1. Sita can't do her job if she is in a crate or seat belted in the back of the car. 2. Sita would not have survived our car accident in July had she been in a crate or seat belted. The place where she had been lying was gone!! Because she was loose she was able to get out of the car & was uninjured. She was loose in the middle of the road for about 5 minutes but was easily caught & brought back to me where she was able to help calm me down. She went to the hospital with me & kept me from complete melt down! I have taught Sita & will teach Tia to go to the back when told & so far have had no issues with the dogs loose in the car.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 5:03am PST 
Guest, these threads are YEARS old.

PLEASE quit posting in them. If you want to talk about dogs and cars make a NEW thread of your own, we do not need to have every single thread that has ever been made on Dogster about dogs and cats bumped to the top of the forum lists. There are many important topics that need to be discussed here and I am sure others with active, more present topics do not appreciate having their threads shoved to the bottom of the screen by events that happened years and years ago.

Edited by author Tue Apr 3, '12 5:03am PST

[notify]
  (Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 85)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9