GO!

Plane tickets for dogs??

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Angus

I'm not a dog!

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 3:11pm PST 
Does anyone know an airline where you can buy a seat for your dog? Angus won't fit in a carrier that will fit under the seat, but I refuse to put him in the cabin - he can't stand crates - he didn't even like them as a puppy. But, I forgo visits to family and elsewhere because I can't leave him behind!! help!
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 10:58pm PST 
There's no commercial airline that will allow large pets on cabin. Someone mentioned a smaller private plane a while back though..
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Thu Jul 26, '07 11:01pm PST 
Here it is:

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Dogs_and_Travel/thread/413564
[notify]

Sophie

Love Me! Love- Me! Love Me!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '07 12:54pm PST 
I'm moving from the UK to USA with Sophie in a couple of months and I'm looking into air travel that won't terrify her. All of the airlines I've talked with so far have said she is too big (20 lbs) to have in the cabin under a seat, so she will HAVE to go in the cargo area. cry I even offered to buy an extra seat, but no dice!

However, they have also ensured me that pets travel in a pressurized, climate-controlled compartment (much like the human passenger area) and are loaded last and unloaded first to ensure the comfort and safety of the pet. I'm going to do everything I can to make Sophie as comfortable as possible on the long flight, and I'm getting her a giant kennel (as large as they will allow) and I'm lining it with DryFur inserts (www.dryfur.com, hope they work!) and lacing it with toys and chews.

I feel terrible about having to make her travel in such a way, but it's this or leave her in the UK, and I couldn't leave her behind!
[notify]