GO!

sleeping pills

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

riley

drop the chew- toy

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '07 3:16pm PST 
im taking my dog to new jersy on saturday, and i was wondering. my dog is really fussy about driving and whenever i give hi pills he takes them and then wakes up in a bad mood. should i give them to my dog? new jersy is an 8-hour trip from buffalo
[notify]
Luc

Please vote for- me!

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '07 12:02pm PST 
drugs is drugs, ya know? like it's bad if it's not absolutely necessary.

maybe just count of the trip being twice the time to give your dogs lots of breaks?
[notify]
Zelda

I solemnly swear- that I'm up to- no good

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '07 8:09am PST 
I'm traveling from Georgia to New York this weekend, and my vet recommended some children's Benadryl. She said that about 1 MG per pound of dog is the right dose, but I don't know if that applies to larger dogs as well (Zelda is about 12 lbs so 1/2 of the 25 MG tablet is the dosage for her). I would start with a lower dose than you think you need. The best thing to do for information is to call your vet and ask.

P.S. I'm originally from Buffalo!
[notify]