GO!

how do i get nominated?

Celebrate a special pup's special time in the spotlight as Dogster's Dog of the Day and Dog of the Week or bark about a deserving pup you'd like to see featured on Dogster's homepage!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cody- Alexander

live ur life you- may not be there- tomaro

Barked: Sun Jul 26, '09 11:38pm PST 
id love to get to be popular by getting dog of the day sometime or dog of week or any of that how do i get nominated for it?
[notify]
Sandy(In- Loving- Memory)

Jan 1997- May- 2010♥-

Barked: Mon Jul 27, '09 1:52am PST 
Pure Random luck. way to go
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 8:07am PST 
"Nominate Your Dog!
To be considered for Dog of the Day simply make sure your dog has a profile page on Dogster.com. Our team at Dogster HQ will take it from there.
"
~DOTD page
"Nominate Your Dog!
To be considered for Dog of the Week simply make sure your dog has a profile page on Dogster.com. Our judges will take it from there.
"
"Who Picks the Dog Winners?
A secret canine consortium picks each week's winner and then securely notifies Dogster HQ by one-of-the-kind woof-o-mail technology that came to us one night in a dream. Decorating your dog's Dogster or getting active on the site will boost their visibility.
"
~DOTW page

I'm not so certain it's completely random...
[notify]

Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 9:55am PST 
I was DOD April 15th ,,I think it kinda random , I dont know anybody on the "Inside" and I sure didnt promote myself in anyway . I'm just a lazy snoring ,farting, humping Bulldog , with a Resume like that , I'm sure it was by random accident I got picked ...laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Hugs & Farts
Thor ... wave
[notify]
In Loving- Memory of- Chance

The dog who- didn't stand a- chance

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 11:42am PST 
Sometimes, I think it's random.

Other times, I'm not so sure.

Sometimes, dogs are picked during a time of "crisis". A while back, a dog was made DOTD shortly after he passed away. Chance was DOTD when he was acting even older than usual and was starting to go deaf.

Other times, though, I think it is random. But, sometimes, I think HQ reads the boards more than we think... just to pick a special pup. thinking

Spot was COTD recently. Not long after she returned home.

Thor, you probably got picked BECAUSE you're a lazy snoring ,farting, humping Bulldog. Everyone loves gassy bulldogs. And, of course, HQ probably knows that. laugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Aug 1, '09 11:44am PST

[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Aug 1, '09 6:40pm PST 
wave Chance ...........laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Hugs & Farts
Thor...dancing
[notify]
nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Tue Aug 4, '09 6:16pm PST 
the choices aren't random.
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 12:46pm PST 
I think it's meant to be random but i agree with Chance...HQ read the forums much more then what you think and pick "special" dogs based on what's going on etc thinking

We've been on here over 2 years and never been DOTD or DOTW frown
[notify]
Max

Barked: Sat Aug 22, '09 3:01pm PST 
I don't think it's random choice, because my brigde sister was DOTD on her 10th anniversary at the brigde thinking
I was Dog of the week, probably because I used to do a lot of zealie and rosette giveaways, and I bought plus for people who needed it.
I think when HQ notices that it's someones special day, they honor them with DOTD, or when someone is upset over a loss of a dog, they chose them to be DOTD to get them happy. Or when they someone doing good deeds, they reward them way to go hug
[notify]
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Thu Aug 27, '09 10:37pm PST 
Are ya'll sure they are random? I sure wish I could nominate Peter for Dog of the week or day. I know that some they pick don't "frequent" Dogster as much as some of the others.
blue dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2