GO!

Does anyone else have issues with pop up ads on this site?

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 7:04am PST 
Lately, when I get on Dogster, the ads block the page. I can't read the posts and I can't get rid of the ads. The only way to get out of it, is to close the page and start over. It's very annoying, esp., if I'm in the middle of a post and have to start over. shrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrugshrug I miss the older Dogster.
[notify]
Maddi

FAST DAWG!

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 8:00am PST 
Yes, very irritating. Takes too long to navigate! But money talks...
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '12 1:13pm PST 
Go capitalism
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 9:59pm PST 
I use an add blocker... never have that problem.

IE has one

Safari

FireFox

Chrome

all have them... wonderful things and free !
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 8:00am PST 
Haven't had anything blocking the page. There are ads but none have been in the way. You can get an ad blocker for your browser of choice.

If there's no ads, there's no Dogster. I seriously doubt some Plus subscriptions are enough to pay the entire staff's salaries in addition to the cost of running and maintaining the servers.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 7:42pm PST 
ME! I am using an older netbook with basic settings. I use Firefox. If I hover my curser over some of the adds on the right, they will pop up. Some parts of the adds are not assessable because I am running less resolution. The adds will take up my entire screen and run stuff like videos. These videos have sound and interrupt music if I am listening to it. They are extremely intrusive and annoying to the point I LEAVE THE SITE. To get out of them I have to leave the site.

Dogster, you probably should not be using adds that cause people to leave. I am not a webmaster or have a degree, but I can see that hurting the traffic on your site. The adds are worse than the ones on some of the sketchy bit torrent sites

Edited by author Thu Sep 20, '12 7:43pm PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 12:04am PST 
Like Kolbe says...no ads ... no site. The Plus subs wont even buy one weeks server cost !!

The solution is so simple....an ad blocker. FREE on all browsers....even older version ones.

The site still gets its revenue.....YOU dont have to see the ads....the pages load faster.
..eveyone is happy ..!!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 12:31am PST 
Like Kolbe says...no ads ... no site. The Plus subs wont even buy one weeks server cost !!

The solution is so simple....an ad blocker. FREE on all browsers....even older version ones.

The site still gets its revenue.....YOU dont have to see the ads....the pages load faster.
..eveyone is happy ..!!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 4:30am PST 
I ONLY have issues with Internet Explorer 9... my work computer is running version 8 and the ads stay where they belong. Can't seem to figure the settings for IE 9 though, and it isn't always an issue.
My iPad is PERFECT...NO ads at all! Just little notices that the file is not found. LOVE IT! They must be flash???
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 9:39am PST 
Yep Toto, most ads are done in Flash these days... gone are the days of animated gif banner ads...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2