GO!

Trotwood woman, 76, killed by pet dogs

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 3:31pm PST 
http://www.whiotv.com/news/news/trotwood-woman-76-killed-by-pet-dogs /nR34M/
TROTWOOD —

A 76-year-old woman was killed by her dogs over the weekend, according to reports.

Dawn Jurgens, 76, was found deceased by her husband, Carl Jurgens, outside of their North Union Road home on Saturday, according to reports. Dawn Jurgens was known to let the dogs outside everyday around 3 p.m. Her husband returned and realized the dogs were still outside, and after putting them in their kennels, he discovered his wife’s body, according to reports.

Carl Jurgens told News Center 7’s Kate Bartley his wife loved the two dogs and had owned them since they were puppies. He said he didn’t know what caused the dogs to turn on his wife.

Jurgens had visible major injuries to her face and scalp, in addition to bite and puncture wounds on her arm, according to police.

The cane corso dogs, a type of mastiff, were euthanized Tuesday.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 6:00pm PST 
That is truly a sad story............
I wonder where she got the puppies? A good breeder? BYB? Rescue?...............
[notify]
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 3:00am PST 
cry This news article really took me by surprise. I had a hard time with this lady's demise, brought about by her two beloved dogs. I have heard of several cases where someone died and their animals were blamed for it--later determined that the animals only tried to help their master/mistress. The person had passed naturally, and their pets tried to help them. I hoped this was the case..in this particular event. I really hoped that would be the case. It is sad--doubly for her death, and having her animals be the cause. Things like this is the exception...Thank God..not the rule! I feel for all concerned, it is so sad.cry
[notify]