GO!

Dogs, Digital Cameras and Vacations

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 10:12am PST 
So every couple of years I literally burn up a digital cameral. My latest one a point and shoot Nikon is kaput laugh out loud I just ordered a new Nikon (I'm a Nikon fan) and one of the features is Pet Portrait. Can't wait to try that one out since I take loads of pictures of the dogs and critters. This year I've taken over 5,000 pictures. Not all of them were bad either! laugh out loud I've taken some of the best pictures, printed them and started a chronological photo album of Grunt and Darcy. Plus I have a photobucket account and jump drive storage. So what kind of camera do you use? How many pictures do you average a year? Do you keep them on Photobucket, or another online storage area. Do you have albums that are printed? Let me know I'm curious if I'm the only one out there who goes overboard with pics of my dogs (I don't have kids so I guess I go a bit nuts!) flowers
[notify]
Rory

The Centurion

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 10:59am PST 
I have a Sony Alpha a57, my mom got me for my birthday. I really wanted a Cannon, but she got me this one instead. shrug I usually take around 70 pictures for every 'photo shoot' I have. I really love taking pictures, especially of my dogs! I haven't taken the free classes that came with my camera yet, I pretty much just messed around with it until I could take a decent picture. These are some recent pictures of Rory:

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa355/de lilah443/DSC03150.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa355 /delilah443/DSC03107.jpg

Edited by author Sun Sep 9, '12 11:02am PST

[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:07pm PST 
Totally forgot my DSLR's number lol. It's a Nikon. D500?

I also got a Nikon AW100 for most general outings due to my fear of ruining my expensive DSLR.laugh out loud

I've totally cut back on pictures. I have a hard time deleting them, so I'll have hundreds of really just "okay" photos. So, now I either keep seasonal photos or photos that really strike a cord with me.

I store them on my computer and on my external hard drive. Gotta have the photo slide-show screen saver.way to go I upload photos I want to share to photobucket.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:37pm PST 
I am embarassed to say, I collect cameras!!! I have TWO Canon Rebel T3i's with lots of lenses, an olympus 4/3 with three lenses, a Canon G10, a Panasonic something or other, and several Nikons and Sonys that do various things I like.
I mostly use the two big Canons, one with a close telephoto and the other with a long one, but I dumped on in a pond today so I am hoping it will dry out and work again.
I take between 250 to 300 shots every time I am out with the dogs. I set the cameras on Sport and shoot away. I usually save between 10 to 15 from each shoot. I now ONLY save the keepers, using an external hard drive so I can take it from computer to work computer to laptop.
I save most of them sized for email/web, so I need to keep the originals for printing.
Sadly, I have not figured out a good indexing system yet. I always say I will work on it, but...... At this point the cameras are duplicating photo numbers so that makes life even more difficult.
I will not use photobucket or those types of sites since I have several times found MY photos being offered for sale from someone who stole them off those sites, OR claiming my dogs as the sires/dams of their dogs, complete with photos that they lifted off photobucket.
In this case, I have a stock letter signed by my lawyer, but there really isn't much you can do if someone wants to claim your photos!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 9:17pm PST 
I have a Canon Rebel T3i.

Depending on the outing, I take a couple hundred pictures or so but only keep a fraction of them. I upload my favorites to Facebook, a few to Dogster, and ones I want to share to Photobucket or Flickr. All new pictures are periodically added to the external hard drive.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 11:23am PST 
I have a Sony a350. I usually take about 40-60 shots in one shoot, especially when i'm trying to get action shots. I used to take more but i don't have as much room on my memory card and if i can't get anything decent after a while i try something different and abandon the previous attempts for another time. Most of my shots are deleted straight away and only the ones that have "potential" or look good on screen get kept on camera ready to be uploaded. I also edit all my pictures in Lightroom which can make an ok picture look great! wink

All my favourite shots are saved on Flickr.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 12:57pm PST 
I didn't realize about photobucket photos being "stolen". Good to know thinking

ETA: Toto, hope the cameras survived the swim!

Edited by author Mon Sep 10, '12 12:57pm PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 4:00pm PST 
Camera IS functioning okay today... one more day of cage rest and it should be perfect again. Whew, dodged a bullet that time!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 8:31pm PST 
Boy did you get lucky! cheercheercheer Congrats! way to go
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 10:31am PST 
I have a Nikon D50 that I've had for about 6 1/2 years, working on saving up to upgrade the body to a used D90 or something similar. I have a couple lenses that I use frequently, just a basic 18mm-50mm, a prime 50mm f/1.8, and a larger telephoto, and a couple of screw-on filters and extensions like the Nikon 6T. I take probably about 1,000-1,500 photos per year, only about 1/4 of them are keepers though. I do print most into albums, but I typically wait until Shutterfly has a free print event or something like that.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2