GO!

A positive cop/K9 story

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 1:45pm PST 
Just thought I would post a positive story which recalls an NY State Trooper and his recently deceased K-9 partner Harry. Click. Just wanted to post this to juxtapose some of the horrible ones we've been seeing lately with officers leaving their K-9s to die in hot cars and so on.
[notify]
S

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 3:46pm PST 
way to goway to goway to go

Fly free, Harry rainbow

Edited by author Tue Aug 14, '12 3:47pm PST

[notify]
Cleo (In- Memory)

One day Postman- ... one day !

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 8:58pm PST 
Thankyou Kolbe... SO good to hear the real love and positive side of something.

No villians at the Bridge.. but wonderful friends and wonderful smells.

Sail on Fair Winds and Calm Seas Harry.

Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 11:55am PST 
Thanks for the reminder that there are good K9 teams out there. RIP big guy.

It's so hard to believe that most of the dogs who served at WTC after 9/11 have already passed. I live in CT, so many SAR handlers in my state went down there to help and most of those dogs have gone to the bridge. Even some of the younger ones, it's suspected that they suffered from some similar illness as the human first responders have. Time flies...
[notify]