GO!

75 year old woman fights off two Cougars to save dog!!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

S

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 11:12am PST 
eekeekeekeek

Clicky

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/07/75-year-old-woman-fights-off- two-cougars-to-save-dog/

Edited by author Sat Jul 21, '12 11:13am PST

[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 12:07pm PST 
eek whoah. just whoah. shock

It is amazing they did not turn on her; but I agree with the decision the law enforcement made, if it were to happen again I could easily see a person being hurt or killed by starving cougars.
I actually know of an older couple whose two little dogs were killed by cougars while out walking.frown
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 12:42pm PST 
Holy moly. I run the scenario through my mind of what I would do in a similar situation and I'm not sure I'd take a chance of the cats turning on me. But, I can't say for sure.

The area I used to walk Mikey in had signs all over to be on the lookout for cougars. And of course the time I used to take him there was a little before dusk, but luckily we never spotted one.
I always saw bones of deers and I figured that as long as they had their normal food supply, they wouldn't bother with us.
[notify]

Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '12 6:33pm PST 
They must have been very young cougers. I can't imagine she would have been able to fight off a fully muture adult just by kicking. confusedthinking
Still, it took some guts to do that. Good for her! applause
[notify]