GO!

Lets Have Some Fun!!

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 9:00am PST 
How much stuff does your dog have. Stuff as in like collars, leashes, toys, harnessess etc. My 2 have too much stuff to count. big laugh 3 beds, probably at least 10 leashes, i dont even want to know how many collars, bandanas and toys they have. So over all how much stuff does your dog(s) have?
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 2:30pm PST 
Not as much stuff as I would have expected considering I love to buy things. I spend most of my money on edibles laugh out loud

One collar, in addition to smaller sizes of the same collar that no longer fit, because even though I'm always seeing collars I like, I prefer the black leather because it doesn't distract as much from the dog. In the house he goes naked, so I'm not really a big collar person.

One 6 ft leash, also black leather, a 30 ft long line, and an emergency 4 ft reflective leash that I always keep in the car (came in a canine first aid kit).

Two harnesses- one for agitation work and one for everything else.

I buy toys fairly frequently, but he's usually not interested in them so I give most of them to the bf's GSD because he adores toys. Onyx's favorites are his Orbee Planet Ball, which we use for retrieving, his two tugs, and his Jolly Ball and Egg, all of which he has limited access to. The only house toy he cares much for is the blue, Beanie Buddy elephant he picked out from the pile when I was giving all my Beanie Babies to Goodwill. And he likes the Kong when it's filled with food.

He has one really nice bed, which of course he hardly uses. Other than that just care and upkeep items like a Furminator.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 3:08pm PST 
Oh god, i don't even know if i'll remember everything! laugh out loud

Both dogs own numerous collars. I do go a bit OTT on buying collars. Missy has three at the moment. She lost her main collar last month in the woods along with her ID tag, so i'll have to be getting a new tag soon. Ty has more collars, at least 4/5 i can think of straight off the bat. Ty rarely even wears a collar these days so my days of buying them for him are most likely over now.

Both dogs have quite a few different leads too but i pretty much use the flexi all the time for Missy and a slip lead with Ty. Missy also has a harness.

They have way to many toys. They're stuffed in a massive toy bag behind the living room door. They must have well over 40 stuffed toys in there and that's not counting the packs of tennis balls i have in the cupboards and my car for Missy! I don't plan on buying any more though.

Missy doesn't have a bed, but Ty has gone through about three. He's got a waterproof, really tough bed at the moment that he loves.

These days though most of my money is spent on their food every month or so and their weekly stock of chews etc.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 9:01pm PST 
How funny Kashmir! I was thinking about this only yesterday.

We have ...

4 collars (one Rogz, one red dingo - he found it himself at the dog park, lol, a gentle leader - and a kumfi martingale.)

3 harnesses (a ruffwear webmaster, a kumfi stop pull and an easy walk.)

3 leads (2 cheapies one Rogz)

a pile of tennis balls, a squeaky ball that's kinda squished, a rubber treat ball, a waggler, a squeaky dumb bell and a rope tuggy.

A kramar greyhound coat.

A plush dog basket.

Oodles of treats and chews at all times.

And a beautiful red wood kennel outside.

Lol, he does pretty good, doesn't he? laugh out loud
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 8:47am PST 
I also forgot to mention their 2 coats and 2 sweaters. laugh out loud Like you Tyler i go a little over board with collars and bandanas. Kashmir has a bandana for everything like: 4th of july, xmas, halloween, summer, winter and just for out an about being cute.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 1:54am PST 
I'm buying another collar soon, a navajo print one - I have a kumfi dogalter I need to swap at the pet store - so naturally I'll get ANOTHER collar. laugh out loud
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 8:53am PST 
Our weakness is small squeaky stuffy toys. Lucille loves them and doesn't destroy them. She still has the squeaky 'baby' that she got as her first toy at 8 weeks old!

We have well over fifty in Lu's collection. They each have a name, and she'll bring them to me by name out of a lineup! I rotate them for cleaning, tuck some away for awhile and bring them out. They're like long lost friends.laugh out loud

Our floor is always strewn with a few toys and sock balls. Unless I'm vacuuming. She'll wait about ten minutes after I'm done, and then systematically brings a bunch out of her toy box and drops 'em on the floor as if to say "That's much better!" wink
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 8:53am PST 
Most of the stuff Moose has is left over from Mikey. I couldn't see spending money on things until I knew what Moose liked. But, since having him I still haven't spent much money on him in regards to "things".

I bought 4 collars. One for when he was smaller, one for right now that we wear to the beach and a clean one for our walks. I have one more that I've yet to break out. And I buy them as cheap as possible. Thus far, each collar except one has cost me $6 at Target. They're strong collars too.
I won't spend a lot of money on them until he's done growing.

He's got one 6ft leather leash, a 20ft and 15ft lead, a gentle leader and two front clip harnesses.
I haven't spent any money on him for beds. I have two of Mikey's beds that are in great shape and one of them is super nice and expensive and I was hoping Moose would take to it like Mikey did, but Moose isn't into dog beds. Cool linoleum is his thing so, I don't have to spend money on beds.
He's only got two metal bowls. One for water, one for food. That's it.

Toys are also something that I've yet to spend lots of money on. I waited to see what he liked to chew on so I used a lot of Mikey's left over toys and have yet to break out half of them.
I've purchased Moose a handful of stuffed animals, a tire chew toy, two kong style toys and 3 or 4 tug ropes. That's it.
Most of what I spend my money on for him are treats and dog food.

Every time I'm in the pet food store I wander the isles looking for goodies to buy for him but once I've got the item in my hand, I convince myself that he doesn't need it and it would be a waste of money to buy it. Man, I'm a cheap dog mom.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 1:31pm PST 
We have 2 dogs and 8 dog beds laying around the house. That is just the tip of the iceberg! laugh out loud

Edited by author Wed Jul 18, '12 1:31pm PST

[notify]